TSR Open Day 31st March

Discussion in 'TSR Performance' started by TSR Performance, Feb 23, 2007.

1. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

For a fiver you can't moan much....

Had a good day,met up with a lot of familiar faces - good luck to the boys at TSR in the future.

Mk2 VR was 199bhp - down on what it's done at Stealth, but that's the dyno lottery for you.

Hotgolf's 2.1 16v kicked out 200bhp, sounding mad in the process with the bark from the Webers, who said diesel cranks don't rev..eh!?

That's a boring drive from J7-24 of the M5....only the sight of a pink bodykitted Corsa with a fluffy pink steering wheel and seat covers cheered up my drive home..lol!

Last edited: Mar 31, 2007
  2. MAT20VT Forum Member

any vids? would love to see hotgolfs home built 16v diesel full chat on the rollers and the action of the day!

3. audiman

audiman Forum Member

4. GVK

I was impressed with the Civic Type R with Jackson 'charger that ran at the end, 330+bhp and 8000rpm +

5. Mad 20v Forum Member

Dam wish i saw that, what else did it have done ?? most seem to run 300 max with just the Jackson.

Good to meet up again G.

6. GVK

It had a Gruppe M carbon air intake, dunno what else but heard someone say the engine work was 7k... awesome.

Yep, good to see you again too G!

7. TrackCab16v Forum Member

great to see the TSR lads again ,well impressed with the new work shop, very well organised rollin road day , best of luck for the future:clap: :clap:. nice to meet up with every body again, cheers for the ride gary well impressed with the vr [:D] don,t think all the power runs wher spot on for one reason or another but like gary said can,t grumble for a fiver ,it was a great social meet up, and the ride down was mental as useuel with the the newport edition loonies,:lol: :lol: and chrismac with his new ride [:D] ,hotgolf s valver was well impresive effortlessly pullin over 200 brake , some well impresive motors run ,the sound of the audi was insane :clap::clap: great to chat to every body , great day out cheers all .... paul

8. GVK

Was good to have a go in the Cabby too Paul, revs like feck!!

9. Gazhatt Forum Member

Had a good day even with a couple of mishaps, met up in Magor services and headed off in convoy, blew a boost pipe on the M49 so took it easy for the rest of the way. No hoses at Tsr so an 80 mile round trip to Interpro to get it sorted. Missed most of the morning action including Hotgolfs screamer wanted to see that.
    Power was a bit down on expected 317bhp but not bad, my throttle cable didnt help too long and not fully opening the throttle, it got worse later with only 3500revs to get home so no boost again.
    Anyway good to put a few names to faces and see a few old ones.
    Only other downside was 2 tanks of fuel gone !!!

10. TrackCab16v Forum Member

that wasn,t the only 8k sreamer then gary,;) :lol: :lol: some of the boys that wasn,t to happy had a re run at the end , ryan 20 vt morning run was 175and not happy it , was later re run to atchieve 220 , my power run was 178.5 but my touque was well down at 138[:s] on the usual 150 ish , made my day when gary,s face looked like this [:D] after having a drive of the cab , not grumbling think tsr done a great job to get all the cars run up , i am sure the not enoght time factor was the reason for some of the varied results . top day out , Big shout to the TSR LADS ,GREAT DAY[=[=:clap: >] >] CHEERS PAUL

11. badger5

badger5 Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

what is the actual rr setup now then, Maha rollers, fans? (no fans in picture on the audi's video run)
    going to have to sort basic stuff like that out if you plan on trying to run high power motors on there, let alone contemplating trying to map stuff.

unfortunate i missed the day as a social event (delays on diff go on and on and on) but kinda happy also it was'nt ready if the fans are inadequate. Too much time and money invested in my motor to run it without adequate cooling.

Something I presume the TSR boys will be fixing for future RR use.

12. CORDY_SXMAN Forum Member

Cheers All at TSR was a good day :) i got exactly the same figure on your rollers as i did at westec last month.
    Great turn out of cars, lots of nice vag stuff :)
    Here are 'some' of my pics, dont think u need to register to view them, if the link doesnt work, tell me and ill post them pics on here:
    http://www.seatforum.net/forum/showthread.php?p=782497#post782497

13. GVK

Only question I have about how the cars were run, is why the need to sit 2-3 people on the car to eliminate wheel spin?

Is it an issue with how the cars are strapped down, as Stealth don't seem to need to sit people on the car?

Surely the extra weight on the car will affect the readings, one way or another?

Not having a go, just curious.

14. GVK

[​IMG]

Results were

Norm power (red line) 199.5bhp to din 70020
    Engine output 199bhp
    Wheel output (blue line) 154.5bhp
    Drag output (green line) 44.5bhp

Max power @ 110mph (4th gear) 6410rpm

Torque 170 lb/ft
    Max torque @ 5400rpm

Max speed 111mph @ 6480

1023mBar
    Ambient 16 degs C

15. Rallye_Will Forum Member

Well I asked them about that as it didn't make sense to me, they didn't really say much. I think it's that they weren't strapped down very well, when I had my old mkII 20v mapped at stealth, they strapped it down across the top of the suspension turrets. Also, I think the rollers were very slippy, someone mentioned something about adhesive. TBH I don't really know too much about it :lol:

16. gillm

gillm ***** User

i asked about wheel spin and traction and was told that the rollers were the "type" that close down when spin is detected . (so why then have people sat on them ? )

17. Rallye_Will Forum Member

That makes no sense, how can they tell if there is wheel spin...unless of course they are connected to the ABS sensors? Or there are many sensors within the rollers themselves that detect when the wheel is slipping, which is doubtful!

18. gillm

gillm ***** User

dunno thats what i was told

19. audiman

audiman Forum Member

@Bill, the fan is the std Maha unit. Not really big enough for higher powered cars. Might be something to add to there wishlist for future events?

Considering all the things that have happened in the recent past, i think they have done well!

20. Hotgolf

Hotgolf Paid Member Paid Member

Good day to be had all round to be honest. Drive there and back was a tad noisy but my trusty chauffer made the ride interesting :)

As for strapping cars down?
    Hmm, you strap it down too much, you'll loose out on the power figures, you don't strap it down, you'll have wheel spin. You'll never win.
    You add grip tape style traction to the rollers it'll kill the tyres and sap the power. There's no real solution that will please all.
    And hey, it was a fiver!

Got to give it to TSR, their workshop is far cleaner, brighter and looks more professional. Lets give them a big hand for a cracking day.

Nice to see a few familiar faces :) Should have gone on to more people really for a chat so I apologise for not being very sociable. I'd been working nights and hadn't slept in around 30hrs and was struggling just to stay awake.

As for my mk1. Pushed out a respectable 201@fly and 165@wheels with 159lbs/ft or torque. The look on alot of people faces when it spun up made it all worth it, even the TSR boys took a second take! I'll try and get thegraph up tomorrow.
    With the power as it is, it makes it a real nice car to drive, and even though I could go t/bodies and bigger cams/valves etc I think it could ruin the way the car drives. The Sierra cossy on the way home that pulled over and gave up made me think that it isn't too bad the way it is, nor the way it's looking.

Anyone wanna buy a complete Berg Cup kit for a mk1??