TSR Open Day 31st March

Discussion in 'TSR Performance' started by TSR Performance, Feb 23, 2007.

1. jamesa Forum Junkie

2. velly_16v_cab

velly_16v_cab Forum Junkie

it was a great day out. good to meet up with some old friends and make some new ones.

The new TSR looks brill, its amazing what some paint and a clean up will do!

most people seemed to be about 10% down on the rollers. lots and lots of wheel spen then holding the car and high revs waiting for the rollers to grip and catch back up! (not the best thing to do...esp on that audi!). I think the guys just need to learn how to use the rollers better but apart from that it was a great day and im sure we will all be back down there aagin soon.

3. TSR Performance Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

Thanks to you all for coming down.

O.K. the rollers work a lot differently to the old ones we had.

The rollers build load up which brings the revs of the car back down, measuring the torque/power of the car. We were not waiting for the rollers to catch up with the car!

The computer attached to the unit, monitors the speed between the front and rear rollers, if it changes the run will be aborted automatically by the computer.

With regards to the fan, it is a 4000 upgrade to the fan that is originally supplied with rollers which is easily capable of handling big power cars. As you guys can appreciate we were getting through a lot of cars on the day, if we had a car for a rolling road session we would take more time to bring the fan closer to the car and ensure the cars a strapped down in more places. See link to MAHA website, our fan is the Air 7 type http://www.maha.de/en/luftkuehlgeblaese_air.asp.

Just another note the rolling road was calibrated by MAHA 4 weeks ago and we have had two Evo FQ's on it. One was a FQ300 the other was a FQ360, both made exactly the correct power they were meant to.

If any body has any questions about the rolling road we will be happy to help.

4. Hotgolf

Hotgolf Paid Member Paid Member

Had a look for reference, more weight, more rolling losses, more tyre pressure and no weight, more bhp.

There'll always be this arguement, from different people, for different rollers.
    All rollers are going to give a different result. There are so many factors at hand that it's inevitable.
    Different people operating, different systems, weather, strapping/no strapping, etc I even seen loading removed from the rollers to give better figures if the engine has been built in the place in question.

The other thing I've picked up on is if there's a loss between the rollers it was mapped on and the rollers on the day, god there's a fuss about it.
    But, if they gain 20 bhp it's all smiles, and thats the most accurate rollers in the world;)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2007
  5. CORDY_SXMAN Forum Member

Here are 'some' of my pics, sorry for the SEAT bias:p
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. velly_16v_cab

velly_16v_cab Forum Junkie

great pixs, high light for me was team banana (yellow VRS) and R2D got done down the avon link road by paul in his mk1 cab lol. you gotta love em valvers

7. superfly New Member

Sounds like a good day out, workshop looks clean and neat in photos, I always think that says a lot.
    Finally got my 2.1 L 8v installed with Pack D head.
    Thanks to Ross for some valuable info during the build and prompt service with some extra bits, despite the french post office.
    It's like dealing with TSR 3/4 years ago, good luck with the new business!

8. fthaimike Forum Addict

superfly be interesting to see how your 8v does? been thinking of upgrading my pack C to a D.

9. superfly New Member

I’ll let you know as soon as it’s run in, it’s getting really boring lifting off at 3500rpm !

Runs real nice so far, steady tick over, no pinking with the vacuum disconnected and loads of torque.
    Much better pull than the 1900 Roadsport GTI motor that came out of it.

It’s got 16v WUR, Jetex system and filter, Supersprint 4/2/1, TSR 103 cam, which seems nicer than my Piper 285, and Koni / Eibach supplied by Ross / TSR back in the Tim era.

Got any RR printouts of yours? Looks like it pulls like a train in the video?

After all the happenings of last year, I flew into the UK and went personally to the “shed” to pick up the head.

Does 1000 miles in the air with BA, count as “running in”?!!!

10. fthaimike Forum Addict

Take your time running it in mate, i did with my 2.1 & it went on to do a hard road driven 123,000 miles before a rebuild.

11. fthaimike Forum Addict

Anyway well done to the lads at TSR for putting on a great day, workshop & RR looks so much better.

Maybe we should have a few of these meets / RR days there through the year peeps?

12. jamesa Forum Junkie

Agreed Martin..

I had the Mk2 on a Dyno Dynamics RR last December and the (height & length) adjustable roller bed set up procedure was quite exacting. Whilst the car performed as good as ever (I was sat in it !!) the ultimate figures were lower than it`s previous outing on a Sun unit.

13. badger5

badger5 Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

Does the Maha run a fixed rpm/sec acceleration rate for load or can you cary loads/times and phase in's.
    Fixed rpm/sec is not a great way if too slow an acceleration rate if not adjustable.

The Audi run seemed to hang on the end of the run but not increasing in revs? Is that real or just the video.

You would have needed an elephant to sit on my ibiza bonnet to stop wheelspin

14. audiman

audiman Forum Member

I was in no way insulting the kit. Great setup you have there. Like i have said, for a fiver you aint gonna get ages spent on your car cooling in right down. I would happily come down and pay proper money for a more accurate figure in the near future.

Cheers for the great day out lads :clap:

Tom

15. boxxer1973 Forum Member

cost me a tenner first run 170 so wasnt amused 50bhp loss from westecs rollers so paid again and hey presto 205 , good day all in all was nice to see some nice vag machines out there

16. fthaimike Forum Addict

Nice chatting to you down there mate.

17. jamesa Forum Junkie

Hi,

Do you know the reason for the different readings ?

Cheers

18. boxxer1973 Forum Member

nope he said something about load ? one thing i do know is that the 1 guy needs to learn how to close a bonnet its drop not push :lol:

19. chrismc Forum Junkie

205BHP.....the old Jetta did well against it on the road with 40BHP less then:lol:

20. fthaimike Forum Addict