What Goes Where - 1.8T AGU

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by Richard Mk2, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

I don't i'm afraid. I used my Mk4 as reference.

Im sure I could help you out if your stuck mate. Just fire some questions away :thumbup:

2. DanGleballs Forum Member

Sound mate. Well this is what I currently have in place and running the car with, it doesnt over heat but I've had a turbo go (which I think was more down to an oil starvation) and the heater is staying on blowing hot air...

[​IMG]

What I'm thinking is that the turbo return pipe needs to be routed into a different point- as it is entering the top pipe and into the rad, but when the thermostat is closed there is then no flow through the turbo system.

Let me know what you think, its for an AEB!

Cheers

3. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

On both of my AUM 20v engines, the coolant return from turbo fits onto the metal water pipe. There is an outlet for it, situated next to the thermostat housing.

Im sure its the same on the AEB engine, but remember, the AEB is from the a4, so it could be different.

How come you went for this engine code.

4. DanGleballs Forum Member

I was naive to the conversion mate and brought more or less a full conversion kit that somebody else had sourced, would not recommend this engine code like, seems alot more hassel.

My set-up doesnt have the metal pipe, is that situated between the water pump and oil cooler?

Do you know the direction of flow in all the inlet/outlets of the coolant flange- if I knew that I could get my head around it abit better

5. DanGleballs Forum Member

If the water exits the head of the engine through the flange then I think I'm sorted with the system direction. I have asked this question before and a couple of people said that it enters through the flange but the servicing diagram shows the arrows that are exiting through the flange. Hope that makes sense