who’s got the fastest 1.6 driver?

Discussion in 'Engines' started by j-man, Apr 24, 2004.

1. Lord0pants Forum Member

I started on a 1.8 driver (which now has an ABF among other things).

To be honest, if insurance is the issue then you are better off saving your cash over a 2 year period and using that money, selling the 1.6 and buying a higher spec start model BEFORE you look to mod.

Insurance companies on the whole don't appreciate teenage drivers with golf's who then modify them... can't even begin to think why!......

Anyway, as most have posted- been there, modded that, not a worthwhile use of funds to be honest....

Do let us know what you choose to do though- it's always good to hear what people have done!?

2. siheinz Forum Member

My driver ran 16.82@82 mph at bigbang this year, gti cam, webber carb and no interior, is now having a 2.0 2e engine shoved in it.

3. vduben Forum Member

ive got a driver, gonna use it for a winter car, but i changed the head and now it doesnt have any ign!!!!!! hahahaha 0 - 60 in 3 months!!!!!! but a good little car for a chap run around, its over half the insurance on my rado!!!!!!!!!

4. andee17 Forum Member

I probably had the most nackered 1.6 driver going and that got a 0-60 of 10.5 and a quarter mile of 18.4 at inters.

My current one kept up with a 2.0 vtec accord up to from like 70 to 100 in 5th just foot flat then vtec kicked in n kicked my **** :lol: