new cars and depreciation

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by Matt82, Apr 24, 2007.

1. gorilly Forum Member

they are right i didnt call you stupid, im saying in a way each to their own but after your mindless little reply this is all i want to put now

so i made a typo, what do you want a little stool and a microphone? how about i sit behind you with a little drum kit?

i dont know you financial situation, everyone is different. people who buy new cars because they are 'new' and spend a massive percent of their monthly income are stupid. people who earn enough to only have to fork out a small percentage can then afford it.

its not bitterness its plain common sense - obviously of which you have none of because you bought a new vauxhall... dont get me wrong its not such a bad car but new vauxhalls are not a very wise decision due to the ammount of money you are set to lose.

repost in 3 years time about how much your astra is worth.

you can kiss my hole. i never asked for you to read my comments

2. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

only read the last handful of posts, but i'm gonna go out on a limb here (albeit, a poor one, my cars 12 yrs old :lol: and say gorilly speaks the truth, and Big G bwahahahahahaha :lol:, so true.....

3. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

bwaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaa

4. sutherlandm Forum Junkie

Yes but Gorilly if you AIM your comments as a group of people then someone "in that group" can reply.

Why is it when I ran a 1973 Morris Marina, or a 1986 Golf GTi (10 years old at the time), I never felt any bitterness towards new car owners?
    Because if they WANT a new car and can afford it without killing themselves then WHO CARES?

It would seem you do with your crappy little "justifications" for what is clearly a mighty chip on your shoulder.

And next time you call me stupid, consider how well qualified you are to make that comment.

Of course the Astra will lose a load of money - Which is why we only bought one with almost 3k off list and will keep it for at least another year (making it three years of ownership) to soften that hit - Maybe someone who buys new and sells very quickly is a bit daft but not every new car on the road is driven by a fool.

You come back in three years time and tell me what your Golf is worth.
    You lose (and have to spend) money on any car - I pay naff all in maintenance and bugger all in insurance, but a lot in depreciation, you pay lots for fixing your car, insuring it but lose less in depreciation.

So what?

5. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

so in short... we all lose as car owners lol

if im gonna lose money (and i accept im bound to) then i want to have fun inthe meantime lol

6. gorilly Forum Member

did the sales man do that thing? "i'll just go and ask my manger"... come on be honest:lol:

oh and for a little disclaimer as that pr!ck twisted my words. if you have just got a new car and can afford it, i wish you happy motoring and are very happy with it!!

Please PM sutherlandm for spelling lessons,

also please remove parkers from your bookmarks as sutherlandm is going to post his phone number as he is now 'the good car buying guide'... keep an eye out for his latest book, 'how to lose your money in 3 years'

mwohhaha

7. WEZ

i wanna know how you seem so sure that gorilly is bitter towards new car owners, i'm not picking up on that at all........

i agree with gorilly, but i'm not bitter...........

8. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

lolz

this forum rocks. forget the rolling road meet this sunday, lets do a ring of death meet where we can all meet up and claw eachothers eyes out [:D]

9. gorilly Forum Member

im not bitter either... ! i just obvisouly saw things the wrong way / rub people up the wrong way

10. gorilly Forum Member

ok i call a truce now sutherlandm, this is getting silly and lets agree to disagree

11. WEZ

sutherland will win though mate.

his brother in law is ex services- best sniper in the world, he did royal marines training (i think, summit like that)can do chinese press ups, and has more money than us! :)

12. sutherlandm Forum Junkie

Buying a new VW California in the next couple of months too - My stupidity know no boundaries eh?

I know, I'll go and spend a few hundred quid on some polish and throw several more hundred at insurance on a car worth a grand...

13. gorilly Forum Member

why what you buying?

14. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

if elicidate can make it, he'll kill us all with one of his many spaz shotguns. forget about it!

sunderlandm, nah, doubt hes up to much eye clawing and hair pulling, hell be wondering whether any change is falling out of his pocket so that he can pay the next installment on his car lol

15. Seraph Banned

pass on my condolences.

16. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

owned as in belonging to or owned as it beat the crap out of?

17. The db

The db Forum Junkie

I'd pay 25 for that :lol:

18. gorilly Forum Member

have you not seen the room at the back of stealth?

got this pic last time

[​IMG]

19. sutherlandm Forum Junkie

What you mean the car we owe nothing on the the California we are about to buy outright using our company?

Stupid?
    I'm not the one paying a tonne of tax and NI on everything I earn - Now THAT is stupid.
    I'm the one earning when and where I want - Go surfing any time, walk the dog.
    And I'm the one on several hundred quid a day.

Real REAL stupid.

Goobye Mr 24mm arms.:lol:

20. gorilly Forum Member

wow your richer than... probably my sister, she is a care worker. well done!

sometimes, if im lucky i walk the dog.

im not poor at all. life isnt about money though, nor does it make you clever!

now enough of this ****, what car are you buying?!?!