2.0L 16v supercharged Lupo

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by LUPOCHARGED, Jan 26, 2013.

1. LUPOCHARGED

LUPOCHARGED Paid Member Paid Member

wow you are going deep but will be well worth it when done. I need to kick my ass in gear and get mines completed

2. fasteddie

fasteddie Banned

Keep Going :thumbup:

3. LUPOCHARGED

It's been a long time coming 5 months in total to make me a bumper iron. The idea,plan and execution sat at 2 reputable companies who promised the world but could not produce the goods and after showing a photo of what i was after Nige pointed out the angles of the cut so i got a few bits of alloy pipe together and finally this is the out come.[​IMG]. Now the project can continue:thumbup:

4. Nige

Nige Paid Member Paid Member

5. LUPOCHARGED

Getting to grips with fitting a intercooler and radiator into what available space i have which is not alot. After several attempts of making use of what little space i have this is what i came up with.[​IMG]. With a little more tugging i gained an extra inch cutting and adjusting the brackets.[​IMG]. I will rub of the powder coating and get the bracket welded that will gain me another inch when i loose all nuts and bolts. Then radiator will be next.

Sirguydo and Nige like this.
  6. MUSHY 16V

MUSHY 16V Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Cool looks good
    Did you learn to weld or did you find someone local to do it

7. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Coming along nicely I see!

Cannot wait to see it in the metal.

8. LUPOCHARGED

Can't weld to save my life lol. Had to pay a man to weld for me

9. LUPOCHARGED

Very slowly the wheel turns it will happen very soon

10. LUPOCHARGED

This love hate relationship i have with this Lupo build of mine is driving me stir crazy. It's now got to a point where i need this done. So up until now engine and gearbox (even though 5 speed) sit's in the car as if oem. Still need more chassis mods as i wanted my 6 speed box with this install. So car was booked into GDF Steelworks for some fabrication work. This is what's been done as i update.[​IMG]. Lupo been prepped for surgery.[​IMG].Original mk3 golf crossmember which was welded to chassis legs has been taken away.[​IMG].[​IMG].Both front ends of chassis legs cleaned up.[​IMG]. Tubular bar mandrel bent to shape and and tagged to front engine mount.[​IMG]. Front mount recessed into bar.[​IMG]. And is now nut and bolt for easy engine/gearbox access.[​IMG].[​IMG].[​IMG].[​IMG].Updated front crossmember complete.[​IMG].:thumbup:

11. LUPOCHARGED

More space was needed for the backend of a 6 speed box (02S) to clear chassis leg without any fouling. This is the new version.[​IMG]. In the second photo you will notice gearbox mount is tagged into chassis similar to Mk1 golf.[​IMG].

1.8T_mk2, Sirguydo and fasteddie like this.
  12. fasteddie

fasteddie Banned

Welcome back ..I missed you :(
    That's a nice bit of fab work mate :thumbup:

LUPOCHARGED and Sirguydo like this.
  13. LUPOCHARGED

Well overdue. Ah it's nice to be missed. Thanks for the comments. How's the ole girl? The red onelol

fasteddie likes this.
  14. fasteddie

fasteddie Banned

Shes still here, tis a mad car I do love the awl thing :)
    Looking another Dub to play with [:|]

15. LUPOCHARGED

Last Sunday morning made the trip down to Gary French workshop to collect the loops. Jaw dropping to the floor and mouth wide open like a cash register was my reaction to work carried out on the loops. I left Gary counting the bills while loading the loops back on the recovery truck (C&D Recovery) and of to London we came. While loops was away the lockup got a coat of paint. Now loops is back home in a clean enviroment. My pockets need to recover for the next phase.[​IMG].[​IMG].[​IMG].[​IMG].[​IMG].[​IMG].[​IMG].

16. fasteddie

fasteddie Banned

Loving it mate :thumbup:
    It will be some ship :)

LUPOCHARGED likes this.
  17. G28OPN Forum Member

Coming along nicely H. Hope your well mate. :thumbup:

LUPOCHARGED likes this.
  18. LUPOCHARGED

Hi David i'm 95 per cent and i aint complaining. Just been working and enjoying life. I have a mental mock up list before car is complete. Custom driveshafts, bespoke radiator,water and cooler pipework,dashboard, and wiring. I am not in a rush will be completed in the near future. How about you? How's things? How's the Mk2 coming along? Hope all is well with you.

G28OPN likes this.
  19. G28OPN Forum Member

Pretty much the same as you my friend, work, family and just plodding along and taking everything in my stride. Started back on mine last week. This year it will be completed. Will put some pics up shortly. Decided to stick with ABF instead of 20vt. Got lots of brand new 20vt parts from Badger 5. Everything for a complete engine rebuild. Let me know if your after anything specific. I will be sticking everything up in the classified as soon as I can.
    Looking forward to seeing yours completed. I often come on to be nosey, just dont log in. Ive not had much to say in all honesty.

LUPOCHARGED likes this.
  20. LUPOCHARGED

Not much to update due to me sending my driveshafts of as a template to get a custom pair made. It would of helped if my contact details were highlighted :idea: so packaged sat there till i got in touch regarding payment only to be told (oh yes we do have your package with no contact details.)So i have to wait for another 3 weeks due to my sillyness. Oh well roll on end of September:clap: