Any chance of MK2 winning against Mk4..?

Discussion in 'Volkswagen Chat' started by Paul_TDi, Sep 22, 2007.

1. Dan Gliballs Forum Member

As I thought [8D]

2. SplatterHaus Forum Addict

Well this is almost beliveable after seeing a certain grey 8v give it beans near me the other day. Almost looked like it was going backwards it was sooo slow.

3. Paul_TDi Forum Member

Had loadsssss of excuses today... like well you have a turbo...yep cause it's diesel!

Poor guy, hes going to be drooling over me new wheels tomorrow.

4. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

ring Of Death Ring Of Death Ring Of Death Ring Of Death Ring Of Death Ring Of Death Ring Of Death Ring Of Death Ring Of Death Ring Of Death Ring Of Death Ring Of Death Ring Of Death Ring Of Death Ring Of Death Ring Of Death Ring Of Death Ring Of Death Ring Of Death Ring Of Death Ring Of Death Ring Of Death Ring Of Death Ring Of Death Ring Of Death Ring Of Death Ring Of Death Ring Of Death Ring Of Death Ring Of Death Ring Of Death Ring Of Death Ring Of Death Ring Of Death Ring Of Death Ring Of Death Ring Of Death Ring Of Death Ring Of Death Ring Of Death Ring Of Death Ring Of Death Ring Of Death Ring Of Death Ring Of Death Ring Of Death Ring Of Death Ring Of Death Ring Of Death Ring Of Death Ring Of Death Ring Of Death Ring Of Death Ring Of Death Ring Of Death Ring Of Death Ring Of Death

5. The db

The db Forum Junkie

If its not a standing start then you can't really count it though tbh.... There are too many variations that could cause a turbo to have an advantage from a rolling start, like being on boost, or just under boost and spooling the turbo to come on boost the second you nail it.

Do a race from still (and I dont condone street racing) and then tell us what happened.

I thought this guys engine went bang anyway?!

6. mk28vICED Forum Member

someone please bring their mk4 to the donny trackday, plently of mk2's of varying specs going.

7. Paul_TDi Forum Member

Turns out it was his oil pump I think he said, pumped all the oil into the cooling system apparently. it was fixed within the week.

Yep I probably did have a good head start on him, but he was deffinately dropping back as I accelerated away.

Would love to settle it from standing.

8. Dan Gliballs Forum Member

You can in MY book.

We don't live our driving lives racing from the traffic lights all day, we tend to be on A-roads, DC's and motorways in the midrange.

With modern TDi's these days, 'midrange' is what they're all about (as has already been said countless times in this thread),.....the 'sweet-spot'.

Our last family car was a slightly fettled Vectra V6 (194bhp, 0-60 in a whisker under 8 seconds) which fairly comfortably beat my sister's boyfriends GT TDi off the line. On the motorway/DC though, between 40mph and say 120mph, there wasn't a damn thing I could do to get rid of TDi's,................even very ORDINARY looking Golf TDis etc.