Car sold with false dyno plots - N163 PHO

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by azur, Dec 17, 2009.

1. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Nige, with all due respect, this forum is run by its moderators and admins.

I can refer to another forum where your peers like to do nothing better than wage personal insults ;)

We take a hard line on enforcing the forum rules on Club GTI as & where we need to.

Moving on...

2. Nige

Nige Paid Member Paid Member

# never mind #

Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
  3. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Or is it the guy "about 2 years ago" ?

Or is he the same as "some previous owner" ?

Why is "shedding some light" remotely the correct turn of phrase for a car he'd obviously had his eye on for "about 2 years" ? He would have bought it knowing more about it than most, having read at least 2 adverts, not just 1.

For what was a high spec-engined car he'd read about on 2 occasions, where is the 'mystery' necessitating digging into the past to check the car's credentials?

4. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

Looks like he has passed on an e-mail address to Colin over on Svag...

I wonder if the previous owner will get back. Or whether the e-mail address even exists?

As you all know, anyone can easily set up a new e-mail address in any name, and he could make out he is the previous owner - where he can lye even more...

Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
  5. nealey Forum Junkie

Tbf to the guy i think we have battered him into the ground a bit and a lot of stuff in this thread has been taken out of context and gone off on a tangent.

Im not defending the guy as he is obviously a liar (and a poor one at that), from everything that i have read through searching i think there is more to him that he lets on, he is obviously upto something dodgy somewhere to have owned all these cars in a short space of time at the age of 19 whilst being a student.

6. hum22a Forum Member

Reason why I have supplied Colin with an email address (the only contact information I can find) is because people are becoming more and more ridiculous on here. Furthermore, they are coming up with ridiculous theories and even going to the extent of making personal insults. They are also commenting on things that have no relevance to this thread whatsoever. I will now resolve this matter with Colin as he is being much more adult about it and dealing with it in a civilised manner. After all, it is a public forum and people are entitled to their opinion, which Im not denying them, although it doesnt give you an excuse to be immature. I will now co-operate with Colin from SVAG and try and resolve this issue.

As for me having a lot of cars by the age of 18, since when was it a crime to change cars often.

7. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

Nice one for standing up for yourself hum22a.

8. Mike_H Forum Addict

I think this has gone on long enough, and because of the personal insults I'm considering closing this thread, but leaving it as a sticky for future reference.

@ Hum22a, if you want to convince us of the truth of your story, then we need (either publicly or by PM to one of the mods).

- Your ebay ID and a link to the feedback from the transaction where you bought this car last year.
    - More info on who you bought the car from, or at least where you picked it up from. I don't buy that people just 'forget' where they bought a car from 6 months ago.
    - Details of who you sold the car to, if they're a member on here.
    - A plausible explanation of why you were pestering EssThree for his printouts, when you allegedly had an identical set.

9. azur Forum Member

I feel the thread has gone a bit ott and for that i apologise hum22a.

I think it was more about how we were surprised how much infomation is avaliable on the web than a direct personal attack. There was no excuse for some of the personal insults and i respect you for standing up for yourself

If would be great if you could pm with mike h to try and sort this mess out.

I would just be happy if you could apologise to essthree for using his dyno's which he sent to you in confidence, as that is all this thread was really about.

we were all young once and have made silly mistakes and im sure you want do it again.

10. GVK

Nice editing on the title !!

11. mark25 Forum Junkie

hum22a:

Well done for not resorting to personal attacks too:thumbup:

Although i guess you realised from the start, that if you'd posted anything even slightly personal, the blinkers would have come straight off and the mod's would have been down on you like the proverbial ton of bricks!

12. bula_82 Forum Junkie

finally. ive been reading this thread and been mortified.

the fella has done wrong, so we've discovered he's lied about ablot of stuff, but, is there need for people that dont know him, have never met him and not been involved to get so abusive?

without going back over all the pages, has the address been removed? thats when imo it went too far.

the discoverer of the address could have posted the google image and left it as that.

yes, if the details requested had been given in the first place then maybe half of this wouldnt have happened but we've all seen how much can be dragged up, we live and hopefully learn.

tbh i think it should be locked, and if the seller wants to sort it all then mike to be contacted, he currently seems to be the mutual mod with the most sensible input on this thread.

13. GVK

Yep.

I've seen weaker investigations on CrimeWatch to be honest.

14. GVK

I've had enough of this, why can't Chris post that himself?;)

15. Mike_H Forum Addict

I posted that of my own volition, thanks.

16. pascal77uk Paid Member Paid Member

The man doesent have to prove anything to anyone one here, are you god or the law LOL

17. 16valver Forum Member

Was just thinking that!

Tbh, I dont see it being anyones business bar from Humm22a, EssThree and buyers of the car(s) in question.

18. Mike_H Forum Addict

You're right, he doesn't have to, but he might find it in his interest to do so.

19. pascal77uk Paid Member Paid Member

Just seems like a public witch hunt/outing which everyone is taking great please in joining in on.

And some of the comments/posting/ which people have made is appalling. Key board warriors jumping in on the band wagon. Just like the old medieval days a public trial and hanging, while locals throw dead vegetables at the accused.

Just what i thought this forum was against.

It obvious that the man is guilty and likes to boast of cars that he has owned or not owned.

I thought this funny a couple a days ago. Then re-read the thread.....

20. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

but it does the board (and anyone else actually) to make it known hes a blagger and to steer clear. he sold the car claiming it had xxxbhp, so imagine how embarrassed the new owner will be? imagine if that was you? i think he got everything he deserved and that the title should be altered back to show his name so it comes up in a search