Car sold with false dyno plots - N163 PHO

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by azur, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Benjo Forum Member

Which bit? Cue hypocrisy/self-contradiction...

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  2. Nordoff Forum Junkie

But it's so difficult to provide an in flight life support system for vegetables.......[:$]
    second derivitive of soil/nutrients to life time calculations blah blah blah.

3. 16valver Forum Member

None of the said do-gooders would have been stupid enough to buy a car purely on the back of a set of dyno plots without checking whether that spec of car was even remotely capable of making such power.

Nothing to do with political correctness either. I would not care whether he was banned or whatever, I just find it quite amusing at how many people on here get on their high horses on the premise of "Some poor sod will buy this underpowered car, poor Essthree has had his dyno plots pinched" etc etc

Hardly the crime of the century. Ban the guy, doubt he will spend the rest of his life sobbing about not being part of CGTI anymore.

Yes, Essthree may have been kind enough to discuss his engine spec with this loser and the said loser has misused these plots, but I doubt Glen will lose any sleep over it - unlike you lot, who seem stunned at this crime of the century.

I met a girl with brain damage that could not speak the other day. That was bad. Someone making false power claims for a car they are selling. Its not really that bad tbh.

Yeah, it is obviously better if people are aware that this guy is selling some dodgy cars and all that jazz but at the end of the day, people should be checking for this stuff when buying 2nd hand cars anyway. Fixing up some catD's for a quick buck is hardly anything new.

Just trying to put a bit of perspective on it.

4. LEE14 New Member

i agree totally, and if you turned up to someone's house to buy a car and they have a drive full of smashed up cars and you dont start asking your self questions then more fool you, BUYER BEWARE

5. Nige

Nige Paid Member Paid Member

Good to see that it appears the Mods are now actually taking a step back and looking at what has happened on this thread and hopefully realising it should have been moderated some time ago.

Not for what he did / didn`t do, that isn`t my point at all, but for the personal information that was obtained and posted and the personal insults, in direct contradiction to the forum` Golden Rules` which I tried to point out before..

6. pascal77uk Paid Member Paid Member

Ali, Nige, my exact feelings....

7. mk1. Forum Junkie

sounds reasonable,ime all in favour of outing rogue traders as it makes the forums a safer plaice to buy,e38 have a classified disputes section and a known scammers section to warn of people like this http://www.edition38.com/forums/index.php?showforum=124:)

8. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

^^ Since words aren't enough, this thread is therefore now being closed until hum22a has had a final opportunity to contact the moderators.

9. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

Just out of curiosity, what was the outcome of this in the end ?

:thumbup:

10. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Not good - unfortunately a few folk on this thread bleating on about how it was 'all a bit intrusive', meant the known facts were never brought to light, even though we had them well in advance.

[​IMG]

A lying, clocking, bodging crook, who was vague in virtually everything he said on this thread:

Car bought 29/8, VIC marker added 10/9. It was Cat C in August, waaaaaaay before it was ever advertised on Pistonheads or ScottishVAG.

+ Clocked

+ False dyno plots

Yeah, check again: another fine bust by CSI CGTI ;)

11. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

^^^ :o

Insurance write off!! What a b@****d.

Im glad we did name and shame him. There is no place for people like him on here, or on any other forum tbh.

Has he been permanently banned from CGTI ?

12. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Nope, not banned, but he doesn't come here any more. Same difference.

Shocking, lying scrote of the first order.

13. lowrider Forum Member

Just read this for the first time.......:o

All i can say is i'm glad i've never bought a car from him! Looking through the pictures of the various cars, look at the small details on them, a 97 MK3 with eatly side repeaters? The supposed 'other' car having the same headlights and HID's.... in short nothing but a lying scumbag, and a job well done by CSI CGTI!:thumbup: