If VAG didn't exist...

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by luke w, Jan 8, 2008.

1. superden Forum Addict

No, I'd want it as Ford intended. No engine or styling modifications at all.

2. Aphex Forum Junkie

Fair enough, if I found a minty one I wouldn't necessarily change anything either. Maybe eventually mechanically but I couldn't touch the bodywork.

On a related note:

[​IMG]

The 1700t which quickly dissappeared thanks to the rs200, I know it's stylings a bit crazy but I love the boot spoiler on it.

Only know of a couple, and they belong to large rally-type companies

3. luke w

luke w Forum Junkie

How about an original Turbo Technics RS1600i?

4. luke w

luke w Forum Junkie

I know Malcom Wilson has one, used it as his daily driver for a little bit apparantly.

5. Aphex Forum Junkie

That's quite a rare daily driver! Be good to know it's being used though :thumbup:

6. superden Forum Addict

RWD, 350bhp in works spec and a turbocharged BDT engine. I'll take two !

Maybe, but I would prefer a standard twin coil/K-Jet model. If I were to have a turbo, I would buy an S1 RST.

7. Aphex Forum Junkie

Should we find a dirty corner for this blue oval loving? :lol:

There's an rs200 on pistonheads for 60k if anyones interested, done under 5k iirc!

8. luke w

luke w Forum Junkie

I would say I have respect for the Blue oval, not loving. I tag along to RS days with my old man in his Cossie so see lots of them, very relaxed, laid back atmosphere I find, as long as you stay away from the concours area :lol:

9. superden Forum Addict

I've always been very 'into' Fords, most of my cars have worn the blue oval. I like plenty of other models and manufacturers as well (I'm just a car enthusiast plain and simple) but I have always found that there are more old Fords I like, than dont like.

10. superden Forum Addict

Particularly where the Mk2 RS2000 (or Mk2 in general) is concerned ... some very odd people there ...

11. Dubmodder New Member

One of these. I was building one till a year ago. Didn't have a garage to do it properly so I sold the car ;-(. Was going to build it with the Cosworth 1600 lump (180-200bhp) but could have gone for a BDA if I was rich.

[​IMG]

Other choice would be a Porsche - 356, 914, 924 Carrera GT or 911 Turbo

12. luke w

luke w Forum Junkie

They are getting just as bad with Cosworths. The look on one blokes face when my dad was saying how he had the back end out of his 3 door on the way to the show I thought he was going to faint. His 3 door has less than a 1000 miles on the clock and hadn't been driven for 9 months.

13. mark25 Forum Junkie

Alfa Romeo, i will prob get one next anyway. If your car's gonna rust, be unreliable and undurable, (say like a mk4) it may as well be: a hoot to drive, a nice place to be and nice to look at.....

14. Aphex Forum Junkie

Good mix of the two. Alfa 75 with 526bhp of cossie power on pistonheads. I'll try and find the link a bit later.