its a perverse 80's thing........ (update- completed in time for Inters!)

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by bones, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Admin Guest

I take it those zender (Bosch) fogs were the last set from California? I got mine and they said they had one set left.

2. bones

bones Paid Member Paid Member

yeah they were. Im sure I told you that ages ago when we spoke. They were from Autotech, which was the same place I got the Jetta arch extenders from too. The fogs are also exactly the same as on the Golf Country and are commonly found on Volvo's

3. damien.wrl Forum Member

Hope the two registrations don't make it a cut and shut..... Seriously though the buyers name sounds fairly unique you might be able to find him...

4. bones

the car has been stripped right back so im 100% about it all being original. Ive always suspected that the GGT reg was put on because its a GT. Im still awaiting the details from the DVLA as I requested its history but that was ages ago

5. damien.wrl Forum Member

Hope you don't think I was serious about the cut and shut, apologies if you did , the original buyers name is on the document above

6. bones

no i didnt so no worries
    Ive found a name but dont have any 192.com credits

Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  7. bones

Heres a couple of pics from Ultimate Dubs. The week before Id driven it to Bradford and back from Derby so it was ditched, but several hours of cleaning later and it looked good enough

[​IMG]

Id also bought an old museum stand from ebay and had it painted to match the car. I know its stood on a chopping board, but thats as far as I got with it for now

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If anyone took any good pics, then please post them up as im a ****poor photographer!

I really enjoyed the show and the standard of cars blew me away yet again

8. Admin Guest

Looks great Dave, loving the museum stand :lol:

9. damien.wrl Forum Member

Love the stand, need one myself now

10. bones

Im very pleased how well the stand turned out and Sie even flatted it down- he is a bugger for detail!

Im also sure that the seller has more and they are still on ebay

On another note, I did meet a chap from the Rocco club who remembers these cars being whoired about at shopping centers etc, and remembers that they were only advertised as 50 being made. I know that number is what is already beleived, but Id never seen it in print and neither had anyone else that could tell me for sure. Id only ever seen the part in the Car magazine article that referred to the first batch of 20.

It was quite odd being parked where we were because it felt that we were on the fringe of the show and there just wasnt enough cars in that hall. Im not complaining mind you, as I take it as a compliment to even have got the car in the halls in the first place

[​IMG]

Jonney and Emily were the couple who brought the Pearl Grey 8v that was parked next to me. A really nice couple too! Loved the car as well

[​IMG]

11. bones

Heres some more pics before I put it away for winter that Id forgotten about

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Alexf Forum Member

Nice to see it in the UD hall :thumbup: looks fantastic. Would have loved to have seen this up close.

My mk1 GL was invited in there in 2007 and I know what you mean about feeling a bit cut off from the rest of the show.

In fact I think some people were unaware that this part of the hall even existed because the entrance is in the corner.

The standard of cars is immense in there and I feel a bit embarassed that mine was presented back then I was 18 and didn't even know about detailing or paint correction. I hope to get it in there again soon with a proper going over.

13. bones

I was chuffed to be there but cleaning cars aint my forte or my passion- in fact i begrudge cleaning them unless i have to
    the standards are very high at all shows these days. A good show with plenty to look at

14. smp1987 Forum Member

love the pics bones :thumbup:

Cleaning is a Marmite thing love it or hate it. I love it I have my own car valeting business. i like nothing better than cleaning my golf i could clean it all day long

15. bones

Ill have to park my car on your drive and hope you dont notice it aint one of yours!
    lol

Ive finally received my cars history from the DVLA today and theres been a bit of a surprise!

09/08/86 It was first registered to a chap in Hounslow, London who bought it from Colindale Service Station, London and originally registered as C990 WLT.
    31/05/88 It was then sold to a pharmacy in Wandsworth, London called Cosmolynn Ltd
    16/06/88 It is then sold on to the next owner and ended up in Pinner, Middlesex
    25/07/89 the same owner puts in on a private plate 696 EYU and it is relocated to Bolton
    04/10/91 and it is onto the next owner and back in London in Streatham
    01/10/92 and the private plate is replaced with C626 GGT . Its anyones guess if this was chosen for the GT part of the resistration or just a lucky coincidence
    30/10/92 and its off to Stevenage, Hertfordshire and another new owner
    20/07/95 and its sold to the next new owner, also in Stevenage
    18/09/98 and its sold to the next owner in Stevenage who then moves at some point to near Bedford
    01/08/09 and its mine- ALL MINE

16. smp1987 Forum Member

Haha yeah think i might notice it it being as fresh as a brand new car

impressive history there will you be getting the original number plate back? or have you already done so?

17. PAB

PAB CGTI Regional Host

Out and about on todays Notts meet Matlock fish & chip run...

[​IMG]

Good to see ya Dave.

18. bones

The last chips in Matlock! lol
    (notice my park-as-far-away-from-the-neighbouring-car-as-possible approach)
    Good to see you guys too and a couple of faces from years back n'all

I thought about getting the original reg back but I prefer thr GGT. I have had some plates made up with the Colindale logo in the bottom- a bit of a cheat but its as close as I can get it. Not one for the purists, but thats where it was from and this is the reg it now has. I bet it was a lucky coincidence but Ill see if I can track that previous owner down

19. smp1987 Forum Member

Looks good i am the same when at sainsburys or Tesco i park at the back out the way in the big bays But even then still had some f*** park next to me

I did ones park in the mother and child section and a women stopped me and said you shouldn't park here! and i said to her that it was my child and walked off :lol:

20. bones

lol

Mother and Child spaces are a marketing ploy but defo never in a Disabled spot

My Country is off the road for a few weeks at the mo, so biking to work. The GT will be there for emergencies but ill avaid it if I can