new cars and depreciation

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by Matt82, Apr 24, 2007.

1. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

Im making a return to the thread after leaving just to ask one question....

Why for f**k sake are you on this forum?..... all you do is argue about how good a suzuki jimny and a bland astra are... and call anyone with a golf a chav? even me who has had it since 19 years old and never modified it.

Dont know if you have noticed this is a site for people that have a small obsession about Golf GTI's....and VAG cars in general, not saying because you don't have a GTI anymore that you shouldn't be on here as like you have said many used to own GTI and don't now...

But all you have ever said to me, is how foooking capable your astra is, how my Golf is rubbish and how great a jimny is... you may love your astra.... great but seriously do you really need to come on to a site about Golf GTI's and tell me how crap mine is and how much better your bland euro box is?

People on here, as a generalization really don't f*****g care how great this piece of sh*t is..... look at it FFS???? seriously get a grip.....

[​IMG]

(ps. I know this isn't your exact model, but i thought it would be funny to hear you go into great lengths about the differences between old astra and new and how much more capable yours is..... just to bore us some more

2. sutherlandm Forum Junkie

First time I questioned your flawed Golf was about a page ago.

You are the only one with a massive hang up about me no longer running a Golf and driving an Ashtray.

Now read those two sentences above over and over, have another little hissy fit, then make yourself a nice hot chocolate and treat yourself to a Curly Wurly or maybe a Chomp.

That'll make you feel better about yourself. I used to be a bit like you - luckily I grew up though.

Oh and of course all marks of the same named model are the same - look how the mk1 GTi Golf is EXACTLY the same car as a mk4 2.0 GTi...

BAN those nasty people who don't worship VW - BAN THEM BAN THEM!

Doh!

Last edited: Mar 31, 2008
  3. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

If growing up lands me with no hair, a suzuki jimny and a bland euro box that I think handles like an elise then please, please god let me stay young for ages...

4. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

Pics, or it didn't happen.

A bit hairy for my golf? What would be? Are concrete slipways somehow hairier than mud or gravel ones? And I live right by the sea, the boat has spent plenty of time in it.

Yes there is, have you ever studied suspension geometry?

Good for you!

It's not gay, it's a cute car for girls.

It took me about 5 minutes to type. Now go and type the words "Jimny" "towing" and "weight" into google - you won't even have to click a link, you can read it right off the preview.

You wish...[%(]

They're cheap, you know, you could buy one yourself...

5. sutherlandm Forum Junkie

Try taking photos while driving - it's tricky you know.

Have you checked that YouTube link or did you choose to ignore it?

The rest I can't be bothered to read.

Mk3 - My Astra handles like an Elise? COOL!

I've just realised why you are so uppity - you live in KINGSTON - Ha ha ha ha haaaaa!
    I felt a bit out of sorts there when I lived there too - maybe you even own my old Mk3?!
    So long and mind you don't burst any more blood vessels through trying to argue with no knowledge. :lol: :lol:

6. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

ah s**t, don't tell me, where you live is better than kingston? ha ha.... not content with slagging off my GTI its where I live now?

im bored of this conversation now, so ill leave (again!) you keep driving your jimny and boring us to death about your astra......

7. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

Yes, I checked it - so modified Jimnys can do very well off-road. Where did that come in to our discussion, and have I ever debated it?
    Don't go into a strop and storm off now, like you did on Scoobynet when they told you Jimnys were rubbish...:lol:

8. Seraph Banned

We arguing about something interesting? Can't be ****'d to read the whole thread:lol:

Is it about 4x4s?

I thinking of getting a 4x4 :o . But only because I've an insecurity about being driven into by another 4x4 [:D]

9. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

its getting that way now isn't it?!?!?

its a bit like gun crime, soon we will all be carrying to protect us against those that are carrying lol.......

oh and have you dropped the suspension on your car? cus all standard GTI's seem pretty 4x4 like..... I can actually fit my head inside my arch atm... (it is jacked up tbf!!)

10. sutherlandm Forum Junkie

Errrrmmm - maybe avoid a Jimny then ;)
    A bit small to be very crashworthy.

At least it has airbags though - A 27k LR Defender XS has none!

Yep mk3, Cornwall is a lot better than Slurrey - I lived in Slurrey for 14 years and cannot thank my parents enough for moving us all down here. :p

TSC - I see. A proper Forum Stalker. That explains a lot. :clap:

11. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

12. bula_82 Forum Junkie

ahahahaha :lol: @ leon

matt, out of interest, are you actually on a vauxhall forum? if not, why not? they'd appreciate your views more then people that own vw's. blinkers or not.

13. bula_82 Forum Junkie

14. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

Wonder if that would happen to refer to his habit of telling everyone about the fabulous cars he's about to buy, and then buying something much more mundane?

15. alexHxC Forum Member

do they have a Jimney owners club? if so go beat off on that.

i wonder how many mobile hairdressers would be in the club if ther was 1.

16. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

i thought this thread was about depreciation?

17. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

It's more about depracation now.:lol:

18. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

it's like the whole "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immoveable object" thing reading this lot arguing....

19. EZ_Pete

EZ_Pete Forum Junkie

I might buy a new car soon. Hoping for a visit from the Premium Bond lady tomorrow.

Pretty sure it must be my turn to win a mill-yun.

20. Seraph Banned

lot?

Think it's more of a duel. Everyone else is just loitering with intent!