PVW "What not to wear" (post your own)

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by PhatVR6, Dec 16, 2005.

1. H8SV8S Forum Member

oh yeah, big bumpers look crap on Mk1s aswell :clap:

2. Unknown Forum Junkie

my biggest hate is 'flip paint' on square edged cars. To me, it might suit very curvy cars so you get a nice transition between colours over a panel, TVRs come closest to making it work but I still dont like it. However, on a golf or someother square box you mostly get hard edged changes in colour and it losses the good bit of the effect and gives you missmatched panels.
    Almost everything else, including RS2 front bumpers, 'lambo doors', old smelly suitcases on roofracks, fake carbon blah blah... is all fair game, after all its not my motor.

(still dont 'get' azev wheels though...:lol:)

3. ViCk Forum Member

I like standard looking cars built to go fast.

4. DarrenW Forum Junkie

Those wide-ass Reiger kits are coming back in to fashion you know, my top tip for 2006 :lol:

5. sportline Forum Junkie

phatty,have i interpreted this the wrong way?

you hate evrything that youve listed, and if anyones got it there sad, or just following the croud like sheep, and if someone talks about what they would like to do with their dub, on a vdub forum, then dont actually do anything, then their a w**ker.

please let me know if i got that wrong because thats how ive interpreted your posts on this thread.
    seems a bit strong TBH [:s]

6. C4 DUB Forum Member

<DIV>
    </DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>I like it[:D]</DIV>

7. Jay! Forum Member

those splitters people put on rear bumpers. wtf are they about[:s]

8. chopperoli Forum Member

DISCUSS:

[​IMG]

Be nice :lol:

9. superden Forum Addict

Lets not discuss ... it will only end up with fists and blood and the odd spell spent at Her Majestys pleasure.

[:|]

10. DAVE 2227 Forum Junkie

It is owned by an American so that would explain a few things.

11. C4 DUB Forum Member

thats a nice cab, not sure about the side indicators though?;)

12. AL-Z Forum Member

Hate:

- the new standardised typeface which looks completely poo on older cars as it's too f**king narrow

- single headlamp debadged grilles

- fat side trim with big bumpers

-Mk4s

[:D]

13. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

1. No not necessarily "hate". Yes, I do hate some of it (like 13" ATS classics that poke 3" out of the arches for example", other parts I just can't see the point of fitting them as they serve no purpose other than to look "different" in some attempt at a fashion statement. cars like this are gay.

2. yes, people getting excited about it and copying these toss trends are very sad individuals. Purposeley going out and building a car just to emulate a cureent fad is just totally pointless, BAAAA, BAAAA.

3. yes, people who talk tha talk, but can't walk, are indeed w*nkers. f*cking dreamers, telling people what to to, and what they are going to do, and never doing anything, I hate people like that, I have no time for them whatsoever.

anyway, why are people taking so much interest in my ipinions? just post your own! too many people too afraid to voice their opinions, why?

that cab is a pile of a poo. I'd rather have a standard one than that pile of crap. I can see why he'd fit the rack ,as the boot is uselss, but white wolfsburg (lol) mudguards?? cream steel wheel!?! and those gay scratch guards behind the handles! LMAO!!! hilarious :clap:

14. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

I suppose you think this old poo heap is awesome do you?

[​IMG]

it's just a manky old GL my missus used to own with some lowering springs and some crap old wheels......

[​IMG]

ohh, it's brown, ooh, it's got rare wheels, ooh it's got chrime trim....etc etc...

15. sportline Forum Junkie

ok, fair enough. [:D]

but why do you hate 13" classics, im not trying to argue with you about it. but i think there awesome, they suit old school cars so well and have a bit of racing history.
    is it because they are basicaly too small for a decent set of brakes so kinda damage performance. if so thats a fair point. or do you actually think they look "gay".
    if so your weird :lol:

16. madmonkey Forum Addict

It's a lot better that some that have been well and truely spoilt.

At least you could easily take the stuff off that in 10 mins ( You ARE that good ;) )

Some people shell out for something that is quite frankly an embarrasment to the brand. :)

17. sportline Forum Junkie

i think that golf is well smart. granted it probably drives like crap and is slow and smelly, but i honestly think its a cool car.
    the same as i think an m3 with a massive sound system and huge wheels is just crass and sad.

18. superden Forum Addict

Well ... I certainly agree on that score.

In fact, any car with massive wheels and a massive sound system is.

[xx(]

19. sportline Forum Junkie

oh dear, we agree :lol:

or expensive engine mods and a boot full of mdf and metal.

f**k im joining in on this damn thread!!! [:x] :lol:

20. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

ATS classics are vile, they are one of the ugliest wheels I've ever seen in my life! they are truly hideous.and an 8x13" with a 175/50R13 tyre glued to it looks utterly ridiculous.

ATS cups on the other hand, now you're talking, lovely big of dish, diamond cut, nice black detailing, quality (and I've just bought a set!)

another one to add to the every increasing list..

A8 style alloys----------sick to death of seeing mk4's with these on. To quote Quentin Wilson talking about he A8 with these on it "the wheels look like something off a cheap Korean 4x4".....