Rotten Mango 90q

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Jolfa, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Jolfa

Jolfa Forum Junkie

:lol: there's a time limit on these working holiday visa things, it's New Zealand next then Indonesia, perhaps India on the way back, gotta get it done before I'm 31 [:p] If anybody fancies a GoPro I'm now a dealer in them to sustain myself here [:p]

Anyway, I messaged the guy saying what a shame it was and I'd buy it back and would he like to see the build, didn't know if it was the guy I sold it to or it changed hands, it was the original guy. He messaged me back very passionately calling me an arsehole for ruining a car that he'd bought to recreate a dead friend's car, went on and on about how my welding had turned it into a coffin on wheels (which I could believe were it not for the pictures showing all the work I did still showing no signs of any deterioration) and topped it off with going mad that I'd kept all the valuable parts of the car including fog lights which he KNOWS it had when I had it (see first pics in thread for the one smashed one it came with...) and the rear light panel (because it was an imported US one and he paid f*** all for the car!).

Needless to say I politely explained that with the amount he paid for the car, and the amount it's worth in parts he should be turning a pretty generous profit on it. Still not happy he went on to explain that he had to rebuild the (spotless, if I say so myself) engine to even get it running (it was driven onto the truck when he bought it), and there was so much missing stuff (one engine breather hose, which was present) that he'd bought a parts donor. Didn't really have an explanation as to why he didn't fix the donor up instead :lol:

Long story short, another one of Jolfa's treasures bites the dust, and I genuinely would have bought it back!

I've got a serious project itch to scratch, tune in, in 2017 for something even more stupid than the twin MK2 ;)

Oh and Velly, I'm Melbourne bound for September, be afraid :lol:

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
    velly_16v_cab and Richard Mk2 like this.
  2. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

Looking forward to your next project Rich and good to see you posting on here again :thumbup: