Tomos Turbo Project

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by Tomo IOW, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Tomo IOW Forum Member

ive managed to get a reducer custom made from custom chrome for bout 20, bout 6" long stainless. Missed the posty this morning so im guessing thats the reducer, even tho i orderd it last week, proper quick make and delivery back if it is !! thumbs up !!

Mega Squirt is now on order via toyotec, cheers mate, well excited bout that !!

been drawing up some boost pipes and hose's ect, what i need and that, and feck me i didnt think that silcone hose bends were so exspensive, i mean i need bout 6 hoses in total of various bends, and at 20 each , ouch !! then theres the alloy boost pipes, stainless 3"downpipe , 20 per metre, aghhhhhhh ! need more money !!

any one want to buy a stanton sa-3 scratch mixer ? 90 on ebay , lol

2. Tomo IOW Forum Member

Innovate kit turned up today,

[​IMG]

looks pretty, good,

lowering the compression tomorow, so then be able to bolt on the turbo manifold and turbo, plus plumb the interooler in,

silicone hoses are on order, 180, for bout 6 hoses of various bends,plus hose joiners at 18 each , but the guys at SFS performance done me a great deal, got some free vaccum hoses ,reduced delivery rate,plus twin ply turbo duct pipe for the price of a single ply wall,wicked:)

still trying to source cheap 440cc injectors,
    gotta make downpipe,
    buy T3 drain flange,
    T3 oil restictor
    stainless steel exhaust pipe
    alloy intercooler pipe
    v-clamps
    plus MS bits n bobs, connectors for injectors ect
    oh and order injector fuel hose's from think auto
    in car gauges and mounts
    exhaust wrap
    heat shield {alloy}

3. jaswan Forum Member

i got my boost pipes from, www.zenaracing.com they came in a couple of days too!

looks good keep up the updates

Jason.

4. Tomo IOW Forum Member

silicone hoses turned up, with trick hose joiners, the guys at SFS Performance are wicked, great help and A1 service and delivery was super quick they get my thumbs up,

[​IMG]

Picked up a forge dump valve fro 20 so thats saved a lot as well, still got more silicone coming, im going all silicone instead of alloy intercooler pipe work,

greentop 440cc have now been sourced, they have arrived , but i missed the postman, searching for them, was like searhing for the cup of christ :lol:

5. Brookster

Brookster Paid Member Paid Member

Looking good [:D]

i got a TT 20VT Wiring loom complete with all plugs & connectors to modify for the MS 50

6. Tomo IOW Forum Member

the green muther humpers that took forever to find,

[​IMG]

7. looks smart mate will be watching this thread i love the rims mate!

8. Tomo IOW Forum Member

the phat boys have now grown an echo environment in there, spiders ,green bits, fecking bits of tree, bush, aghhh, cant move the car to wash em lol, but i did put down alot of wax on the wheels when i layed it up ,

9. altern8 Forum Junkie

what psi are the snotters? I think i got red or beigh

10. Tomo IOW Forum Member

have no idea, 3 bar i supose ? thats what the fuel pressure reg kicks out on the 1.8t fuel rail, 440cc jobbys tho

11. Tomo IOW Forum Member

some bits turned up today, the postman as got his work cut out this week as im expecting lots more,lol

temp guage,oil pressure guage,plus all fittings, and 2 lengths of stainless 3" exhaust pipe, not really lookign forward to that job, tryin to find someone to weld a downpipe at the mo, this could hault the operation next week, as i wont be able to start it up with out downpipe, well could but , not sure if that will effect anything else,be loud as feck

[​IMG]

gauge pods, i think are here, plus oil drain flange from the US, and something else that ive forgot ive orderd, keep missing the postman, so have to go collect stuff aghhhhh,.

heres a vid of adie, he helped with the low compression job on monday, i fogot to take pictures of that job , d'oh, but its just like toyotecs picture on his turbo project,

adie was getting twitchy, he needed to bodge something, so grabbed a hammer and made a cold air intake

[​IMG]

12. Tomo IOW Forum Member

last of the silicone spend,

[​IMG]

13. altern8 Forum Junkie

whats sfs like for prices compared to that zenracing place

14. Tomo IOW Forum Member

really good i think, i got som great deals as i was spending loads, super quick delivery and customer service is spot on

15. Tomo IOW Forum Member

started turbo install this week, booked a week off as its my bday on thursday { 27 lol } with the hope of getting this up and running , but as allways that idea is chucked out of the window due to bits not fitting or running short of oil line lol,

anyways

cut this section out so the intercooler will fit in properly, can now get a hose in there,
    [​IMG]

fitted some heat shield,

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

wrapped the manifold,need more metal ties lol
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

trial fittment,
    [​IMG]

the **** windage tray that needed cutting to allow the pick up strainer to poke threw
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and altho ive never had any idea of how the oil return and sump would fit on a right hand drive golf, i now understand , the way they welded the bung and the 45 degree fitment , when fitted with the oil return hose , pushed the hose out of the way of the driveshaft, { genius } a smiles al round as i was think wicked , it does fit right hand cars, but im bout 1 inch to short at turbo drain flange, i now need to bridge the gap with a male-female coupler, im hopeing that plumb center or something will have some brass fitments

[​IMG]

16. bertelli_1 Forum Member

Good progress...

17. Brookster

Brookster Paid Member Paid Member

Good work mate [:D] looks like your gunna finish yours before me !

18. altern8 Forum Junkie

what he said :lol:

whats the heat wrap like you got for the bulk head? looks like good stuff

19. Tomo IOW Forum Member

lol, hell no, after today the idea of getting this donw by the weeknd is way out of the window :lol: , ive hit another snag, the fuel rail bracket needs needs re-welding, the greentops are longer then the standerd injectors, when i had the tt mani made up i used standerd injectors, so when trying to fit the rail with the greentops , the bracket was hitting the manifold, stopping the injectors making a tight fit, i cant weld , and dont no anyone over here who could re-weld the bracket, so looks like i gotta send it back to g60 george on ED38, hope he can help[:^(] ,

the heat shield was off ebay, cost bout 20 for 500 x 500 , sheet, it said it can withstand,1000 degrees continous, so weather thats true or not, i dont no lol, anyways, behind the heat shield i sprayed the bulkhead in heat proof spray as well, propery need more wrap for the wiring me thinks

20. Tomo IOW Forum Member

todays progress was , well slow,started fit the greentops to 1.8T fuel rail,
    [​IMG]

but after the fuel rail thing, im thinking i could enlarge the holes of the bracket on the manifold,and use washers to clamp down, if you see on this pic that the bracket is out of alignment with the fuel rail bracket , due to the greentops,

[​IMG]

gotta take of the manifold, again, and drill larger holes, i then carried on with fiddling with other things, i managed to get a alternator belt that was long enough to clear the boost pipes, dayco 6PK946 did the job, i need to make a supporting bracket but thats the job one less to worry about,

more bits turned up from LMA, high pressure braided fuel hose, and 1/2 high pressure hose for the brake servo plus alloy connector, also my in car gauge pods turned up, cooooool !!

[​IMG]

in this pick, the top metal piep is the feed, and bottom is the return ?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i just connected the blue return to the bottem metal pipe on the fuel rail, and the feed to the top metal pipe, is that correct,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

connecter to the exsisting KR brake servo pipe,
    [​IMG]

its coming on
    [​IMG]

question : What do i do about the accelerator cable, this is the orig cable, its to slack i think, plus im not sure where to mount it, do i need it to be welded on the TT manifold ?
    [​IMG]

and how i left it after today,

[​IMG]

gotta go on a mission to find tony hydrolic tommorow as no one over here can match a coupler to the oil return hose, im goona see if he can cut the hose in the middle and splice in 2 inch of the same braided hose, that should then butt up to the turbo drain flange, fingers crossed,