Tomos Turbo Project

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by Tomo IOW, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Tomo IOW Forum Member

wooohooo, past mot, just left now is tax, and cable tidying, little bits n bobs now, running 0.2 bar lol, but its proper quick i think even on that !

2. Tomo IOW Forum Member

just been on long drive, bout 2 hours, and its all held up lol, this thing is quick , so much faster b4 i turboed it, even at 0.2 bar, im pulling threw all gears. cant wait for toyotec to come back and finish off the tune, im not even tempted to turn the boost up as its way faster then b4, result of a turbo project me thinks

3. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

So thats about 3psi! Sounds good cant wait to do mine. Excellent thread mate, lots of info there.:thumbup:

4. altern8 Forum Junkie

nice work

where did you get the heat wrap stuff from for the pipes?

5. bens_cab Forum Junkie

another car mapped by toyotec eddie came and did the first map on mione to get an mot then i drove to hime forsome 1 bar goodness

hopefully he can map it again with the bigger turbo

6. Tomo IOW Forum Member

yeah i sooo wouldnt of been able to get mine going with out him, i wanna get him back asap, gotta save for money first , but im still getting temp senser issue, which means cold start up probs and lots of switching maps in the morning. Wiring is intacked from senser to ecu, and new temp senser, but still stuck at 77 degrees,no change

Its no where near fully tuned as its quite hard to drive in first gear and changing gears is like on /off ,loads of fuel goooooo wooooshhhhhh tiiiissssst ha ha, little jerking, and sometimes at 4000 revs a get a jolt, not sure if that means more fuel or less,

ive managed to work out how to data log, and view stuff as well, lol no idea what im looking at , but just playing round with the VE 1 table fuel curve, ive saved toytecs map like 3 times as a back up, and just seeing if i can smooth out this jolt at higher revs, or try to make driving a little easier and smoother,

but as no temp senser or tps, this could be the reason why, slow learning but picking a few things up on megatune.

7. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Limit your ragging though as your AFs and ignition angles are not really validated for your set as yet at high loads and revs

8. Tomo IOW Forum Member

yeah defo, im leaving it along i think untill i get ya back over, .

managed to get a tps connector from vw,plus pins and wires, 6.50 in total, jobs a gooden.

im still getting 77 degrees on the temp and all the wiring is intacted, gonna check the temp pin on the ecu its self, . im getting thos a resistance reading of 0.01 along that lengh of wire, so thats not broken,

9. bertelli_1 Forum Member

Are you using easytherm for your coolant sensor? It may be worth checking the settings. Have you also checked the earth wire from the sensor for any resistance?

10. Toyotec

The ECU was vaildated on a similar VW project here at mine beofre sending out and is fine on the software and operation. When disconnected from Tom's CTS, Megatune still = 77C. Will be soon solved.

11. bertelli_1 Forum Member

TBH I didn't think it would have been anything obvious/easy since you built the ECU and have been over to tune it.

12. bens_cab Forum Junkie

toyotec does the isle of wight lol one problem there eddie the roads aint long enough lol

13. Tomo IOW Forum Member

your right but , millitary road is looking good, a stretch of road that covers one side of the island, theres a few good long straights to get up to some high speeds, but down side is that its quite un-even, lol .

14. Toyotec

And with that large huffer, we might even run out of island!

15. bens_cab Forum Junkie

lol yeah thats water there

16. Tomo IOW Forum Member

well we didnt fall off the edge but that road is proper un-even at high speed, lol,

result :

rev limits at 6000 and 220 kpa ,hitting 0.6 bar, but the boost wasnt ,like chuck you in the seat, this is down to me not setting up the wastegate properly, ive attached the bar so it can easily slide on/off, i was looking at a vid on youtube and thats how they said to hook it up . i think that it needs to be proper tight so the force off pressure opens it, and thats when you get the full force. so in a nut shell im not un-leashing the full potential at all, even tho im likeing the fast responce,

will have to get toyotec back after xmas for stage 3 of tuning, but again massive thanks toyo, loads of improvement and the feel of the car is easy now to drive, plus fuel econermy should be back at last lol

17. bens_cab Forum Junkie

so eddies been to the osland twice now ? he must love the sea air

18. Toyotec

Turbo needs to huff hard in order for me to be afraid to go back! Drives nice on small boost though...

19. bens_cab Forum Junkie

:lol: :lol: right theres a mission scare toyotec with a huffer im sure if it huffs really hard it will be the lack of road that will scare you:lol: :lol:

20. Tomo IOW Forum Member

the condition of the roads is scary enough lol, im being chased by evos this evening, lol bigger boys turbos and far faster cars then mine, lol, smoked a civic type r on the duel carrige way tho lol,

toyo : it was that white evo that bombed it down the milli road, lol,