Very very very unhappy - Insurance payout offer - advice please

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by Tall Paul, May 10, 2006.

1. veedubnutz Forum Junkie

**** me running!!!!!! Thats one hell of a shunt in the back!!!! Gutted for you mate [:^(] Lucky you were in a well built older car

2. vwgolfgt1 New Member

Damn shame about your golf it looked absolutely mint, One thing you could do is sue the b'stard and in the claim say that you are having problems in the bedroom department, this is a great winner with the judge. Worked for me got a nice pay out.

3. navbham Forum Member

join the club, life a b#t#h

hi mate the same thing has happen to me, i've now got to claim my from the midland insurance something (mib). if you want some help call me on 07779797505 and i'll let you now what to do, if you want

4. pitslayer Forum Member

in normal situation i would highly disagree with you. however im going to agree this time for taking this guy for every penny
    wrote off a super example off a golf
    he was uninsured
    [:x]

dude if i was you, id remove your number and pm him it instead, never know whose out there ;)

5. tasgtimk5 Forum Member

Commiserations to you.
    What a bugger, another good Golf gone. Best of luck finding a replacement. Must be getting hard to find an original over there these days

6. Tall Paul Forum Member

thanks for the comments and commiserations. As for a new car, got one exactly the same but two less doors and BBS RA's, 70K miles and pulls better than me old one! [:D] I will finally be in a better position than before if i ever get the insurance paid out. Going to give the car a right good clean and polish tomorrow in preparation for my wedding on Saturday and will post the pics i take of the car next week. If only the power of collective thought could make things happen to w*****s like that.[8(]

7. tasgtimk5 Forum Member

Good luck mate and all the very best to you for Saturday!
    Over in Oz if we have an accident caused by an uninsured driver, we get our insurance and then the company sues the uninsured party. Happened to me and one of my Golfs years ago. Unfortunately my premium went up because I was 25% in he wrong for being at the scene of an accident. Yeah, mine!!

8. Tall Paul Forum Member

stupid photo things, will work it out later and put new ones up

Last edited: Jul 20, 2006
  9. Tall Paul Forum Member

photos of my new MK2 GTI!!!

well as promised here are some photos of the new one :clap: Not very arty i know but were for the insurance. Let me know what you think, i love it, paid a lot for it but there was nothing old or new that i wanted more. Bit of a cracker i reckon.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. damogti Forum Junkie

Looks lovely!! Whats the spec???

11. Tall Paul Forum Member

yes, it is lovely, red (not pink) paint so deep you can swim in it! Don't know whether it has had a respray, i can find no evidence but don't care anyway as the finish is spot on. Only done 70K miles and totally standard throughout apart from a K&N filter and Powerflex bumpstops! Once i have had a small amount of rust sorted around the wiper blank (none anywhere else) i think i will bring it to some shows for some more opinion.

Damogti, i live in Wanstead, NE London bottom of M11, i see you live in Essex - is there a local meet that i can attend in between shows? Thanks

Last edited: Jul 21, 2006
  12. tasgtimk5 Forum Member

I love the new one, looks immaculate. Ever get sick of it then send it over here!!!

13. damogti Forum Junkie

Paul,

There is a meet called junction 29 which is held at a pub called the Halfway House along the A127 at Brentwood. Link to the site in my sig.

This is also a cgti meet at the Dick Turpin in Basildon, about 5 or 6 miles further along the A127. Not sure if this is still going on though....

14. enc. Forum Member

fine replacement :clap:

15. Phil

Phil Forum Member

Lovely. :)

16. chopperoli Forum Member

oh mate that's such a shame, hope ur ok. Strip it if you can

17. Tall Paul Forum Member

The VW family, well sort of.

Had news from the courts yesterday, the person responsible for the damage you see here has been banned for 5 months and fined 400 and license endorsed. And my solicitors are after him so at least thats turned out well so far.

Here are pics of all my Golfs. Pink one on the left has not moved for about 4 years, a project i never started. Had a GTI engineering motor in until it broke i think. Has full black leather in it tho. Next is my bust up one, better view of the damage. Then my new one [:D] , behind it my aunts Skoda and then my old mans green Polo.

VW all round!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. veedubnutz Forum Junkie

Loving the matt finish paint on the far left one, got to put some mad engine in that and leave it looking like that on the outside! New one is a corker too mate[:D]

19. Bundles Forum Junkie

And you're sure it wouldn't T-cut out? lol.

Waste of a nice car, and that angles really show just how bad the damage is. New ones a beaut though mate!

20. Jetta_gx Forum Member

I hope you dont mind me asking but are you stripping the damaged Mk2?