Very very very unhappy - Insurance payout offer - advice please

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by Tall Paul, May 10, 2006.

1. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

the PI may balance it out. i thought the third party wasnt insured? going through MIB?

2. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

PM me with a summary of whats going on, ill give you a few pointers. i do defendant insurance litigation for a living

3. nealey Forum Junkie

Its a good offer, i think the banker knows your game......

Deal or no deal???

(sorry had to do it)

Seriously though i would be happy with that

4. Tall Paul Forum Member

Although the driver had no insurance it turned out that the BMW dealership from which the car was loaned, had insurance that covered him as a driver, so thankfully no MIB to deal with. Just haggling with the assessor to do now.

I have no legal problems at the moment, as far as i know or am i missing a trick?

Still waiting to get injuy compo tho. [8(]

Thanks for the kind offer.

5. TANK-8V Forum Member

that is harsh..hope the b**tard rots in DUB hell....typical BMW drivers...all ******s... Send the boy round to see him...
    Good luck with the new motor...

6. Export001 Forum Member

the bodywork was mint! such a shame, the damage to the boot is rather high? its above the bumper, was it one of those ****ers in a 4x4 bmw?! [:x]

good to hear that your oki m8:thumbup:

7. inoakgreen Forum Member

mate got front end taken of on his mk2 (was mint as well) were gonna write it off (weren't as bad as yours though). done loadsa research, printouts etc on value of these cars. and sent em by post along with his refusal on their offer, stuck to his guns and got it!!! i'd say 3k would be minimum!! any less and i'd feel done!!! i recks this'll probably 'worsen' your whiplash injury. possibly give you nightmares at night, too scared to drive, the shakes!!!! just get good legal advice and try and milk em this way!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

8. Mike_H Forum Addict

If your insurance company did an assessment of yours for the agreed value, then they might provide that to help. Otherwise, 2500 for an 8v (even a minter like yours) isn't bad money, and if you want more, you'll have to provide some evidence of cars being sold for that, or advertised for more than that.

If you keep the wreck and still get near that figure it won't work out too badly, although a lot of the good bits might be damaged (are the seats ok or did the backrest bend with the impact?

No harm in trying though...

9. Tall Paul Forum Member

Eventually got 2700 and able to keep the car which i think is fair tbh. I'm trying to sell this one along with another B plate in the 'for sale' section if anyone's interested.
    Seats are perfect, no bolster/fabric damage at all. Should get a few 100's for the bits and pieces.

Even after a year it still makes me so 'kin [:x] [:x] [:x] [:x] Waster.