1985 BBS Mk2 GTI Retro K-jet (2021 Update)

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by smp1987, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Dave

Dave *Very Smart* Pedantic Old Fart Paid Member

That's not a Mk2 alternetor, and a black manual adjust cable is lighter, looks sexier, and can't go wrong!

2. smp1987 Forum Member

i did wonder why the clutch pedal is a bit high would that be because of the cable? the alternator is from Euro parts so god know who made it [:s] its going down the the garage to have the ones over in a bit

cheers for the heads up :thumbup: anything else i should look at?

Last edited: Jun 7, 2010
  3. smp1987 Forum Member

Its the best mk2 i have driven well the rest were Digi it is quick a bit faster than my other mk's i have,

as you have an 85 as welll what sort of aerial do you have? its got so 90's through back on there atm which needs to go it lets the car down :lol:

4. Dave

Dave *Very Smart* Pedantic Old Fart Paid Member

I don't think that the high clutch pedal is due to the cable. Search on here, IIRC, there are quite a few posts on clutch pedal height, and not working properly due to clips and springs, and other things connected to it!

Dave.

5. smp1987 Forum Member

its working fine just a bit high i this maybe is coz i drive a mk3 :lol: and its low on them and i just need to get used to the mk2

i have also noticed that it is a lot lighter on steering than my later digi golf is this the case with all early mk2's?

6. Adam_16v Forum Member

Can't see the pictures at work, damit! Look forward to checking it out later.

Sounds like it's a bargain. Nice to have something different to everybody else in the Mk2 schene. :thumbup:

7. dan_gti2004 Forum Member

The aerial on mine is the original wing mounted one. Its a telescopic jobbie. Not sure if you can get them new from gs or vw. Maybe worth looking ebay or down a scrap yard?

My clutch biting point is high up as well need to adjust the clutch cable I think. One of the many things i need to get round to :lol:

8. Willber Forum Member

That's awesome and an absolute steal. This would look really nice if it's kept standard and minted! Timewarp style:thumbup:

9. theboymike Forum Junkie

'80s-tastic [8D]

Bit too white for my tastes, but looks good for 850 peshwar.

Have you had a good poke around under the kit? Hope it's as tidy underneath as it is on the outside :)

10. Peter Forum Member

cool! really like that, the BBS kit is the best looking of all the kits IMHO a set of zender turbos would be the icing on the cake

11. smp1987 Forum Member

Had crawl underneath when i went to see it sills and jack points are good :thumbup: wings good rear valance good ,only bad bit so far after taking the kit off the rear pas side there is rust there not rot yet!! so i treated it put it back on, this has got me thinking get it down the body shop ASAP so can take the kit off and have a good old look :thumbup:

yeah they would look good ;) but the BBS RA are standard and always wanted a golf with them on plus they match the kit :thumbup:

12. smp1987 Forum Member

So today was a high point with a few teething problems

Put my 88 seats in as im going to put my driver seat cover onto a better seat (will the covers fit on a late 80spec seat?) gave the carpet a clean and greased the runners. Took that gash 90's trow back Ariel off. In the bin it went :lol: nice blank in there now felt the lead through the bulk head in so i can run a new aerial easily through

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Think it looks better without an aerial?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now for my little teething problem the rear wiper dose not work so i took the motor off and put my working spare mk2 one on still nothing [:s] the jet works fine i checked the fuses whole lots is in German [8(] cant find my 88 fuse cover as a reference so i gave up on it thinking i will take the arm off an drop a lug in??

second problem this trim is broken its not the same as a later 80spec because of the glass have anyone got one?
    [​IMG]

The doors membrane held on by parcel tape [:x][><] (new ones on order :thumbup:)
    [​IMG]

13. Collie Forum Junkie

hope the original interior is going back in.....i think the early interiors feel and look much nicer. I had a grey stripe verison to your red stripe.

14. smp1987 Forum Member

[Put my 88 seats in as im going to put my driver seat cover onto a better seat] :thumbup:

I would not swap the red strip interior it is the best looking even better than the rainbow ones

15. smp1987 Forum Member

My Service history got loads more just couldn't fit it in one pic, taken me around 2hrs to sort it

[​IMG]

16. smp1987 Forum Member

Wez just did this in photoshop for me

I think it make it look better and more original
    [​IMG]

Comments?

17. Ian D Forum Member

Cant help thinkink that its a bit tooo white, would l think it would look better with black bumpers and mirrors, but keep the bodykit white.

I have a lot of early 80's car magazines so will dig one out which is an advert for the BBS bodykit for you. I am pretty sure they put BBS RS's on the pictures!

BBS kitted scirocco's has RA's

18. smp1987 Forum Member

thanks mate would be nice to see some different BBS kits

but the alloys and colour are correct i have the bill of sale and its all there as extras :thumbup:

19. theboymike Forum Junkie

Glad it doesn't sound too crusty under there - best reserve judgement till the kit's come off, though :p

Think it looks better with the stripes - should it have had these originally? They break up the "colour code absolutely everything" bodywork nicely..

Are the door membranes being replaced with the same foamy type ones? Any danger of a part number please ;)

20. smp1987 Forum Member

HI mike yes i am replacing the membranes but with the plastic stuff as that foam is Rubbish and is not like the originals.
    Its from Euro parts looks to be cheap nasty stuff. A guy on eBay is making the door membranes now 4.95 i think. you cut all the holes yourself :thumbup: so no problem getting them to fit will update you when they get here ;)

Yes the body kit is coming off next week would be stupid not to check her over. There is a bit or rot on one of the back arches but nothing major, there is going to be rust after all she is 25year old but solid were it counts :thumbup: