Another few notches in the dash...!

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by drew, Apr 12, 2004.

1. Admin Guest

isn't it odd that its the R32 boys stirring it up? ;) justifing why they bought one? :lol: ;) [:D]

if you want a real race with results take it to the strip.

i won't say i beat the car i was having fun with on monday as you never know what or how the other car is really capable of, on paper it would have wiped my ass, but it didn't, you can't put a driver on paper.

2. fthaimike Forum Addict

True enough as you can give a monster of a car to an amature & a low powered car to a pro & still loose......but were talking GTI's here :lol: :lol: ;)

3. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Yeah, cause they (or Rob) can afford one. I know i wish i could.

4. Rob.gti Forum Member

Not stirring it up. I know my car aint perfect - just gets boring reading the same old pooe all the time [:D]

And I have said it before, I bought the car for me, not to please you lot. And I definitely dont post "this weekend I notched up a few points against..." I am a little to old to act like that ;)

5. fthaimike Forum Addict

Just out of curiosity whats the output stats of the R32 compared to the chipped diesels?

6. drew Forum Member

My thoughts exactly.

Good grief.

All I did was talk about what happened when I went for a drive yesterday. It's hardly my fault I had a ding dong with a few other cars which happened to be modern and more capable but their drivers simply didn't know the roads as well as I did. We *all* had a laugh, which to my mind is what owning a mk1 is all about.

I LIKE MODERN CARS! I've got two of them sitting outside the house right now. THEY ARE VERY NICE!

I LIKE THE R32! It's quicker than a mk1 on the same road with the same driver. (Damn well should be at that price) THEY ARE VERY NICE TOO!

Since people are starting to get abusive this is my last post on what was just a fun topic.

The rest of you can judge whether or not I'm a opinionated 'chav' with a mk1 fetish or a supercilious smug git. [8(] Potential examples of both maybe found within this topic.

I resign.

Regards,

Drew.
    Edited by: drew

7. Rob.gti Forum Member

a Chipped 130/150 TDi will have loads better torque than a standard R32.

The torque on the R32 is equal to the 150 TDI

8. fthaimike Forum Addict

Abusive NO chill out it's just banter & a laugh (isnt it?)

9. fthaimike Forum Addict

& i bet either pull like it's the end of the world [:D]

10. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

But you were questioning wether or not you were actually a VW enthusiast the other day, as you dislike new cars, and actually only really "like" older cars. Your favourite of the older cars just happens to be a Mk1 Golf.

I didnt really mean to get abusive Drew, but you do have the amazing ability to wind people up without trying. It must be your superior intelligence! ;)

11. Bat. Forum Member

[:s]

The guy is just having some fun!

The R32 is a highly engineered modern performance car. The Mk1 Golf GTI is a 70's shopping trolley which some blokes thought would be fun to make fast.

He isn't dissing anyone and there 20k choice of doeseverythingmobile, just making the point that a Mk1 Golf driven well can still cause the modern car drivers to put some effort in!

12. Rainking Forum Member

Just ask DarrenW..... at GTI Festival last year, he 'beat' an Evo 8 FQ-300 down the strip..... but then the fella kicked his girlfriend out of the drivers seat, got in himself, and took 3 seconds off Darren's time! :lol:

13. Admin Guest

true us mk1 owner never said anything about the R32-we just go out and have some fun in our cars [:D] and give others a run for their money! the bloke with his 100K+ car yesterday was a bit miffed-i think it was all show though.

the saxo i have fun with near pod the other weekend was a different matter, two cars equally match on small back roads. at a hundred neither had the puff to get passed each other, friendly wave at the end of it and went our seperate ways. [:D] the way it should be.

14. superden Forum Addict

Well said Bat :clap:

For f*cks sake, Drew just tells a story he thought might interest some people and all the *new* car owners start getting all anal and defensive over it.

Sort it out, he wasnt abusing your choice of car or making a personal attack. He just happened to point out a fact that most people know already. On twisties the Mk1 still shows *new* cars a thing or two in the right hands.

As the other cars were *new* and the owners didnt seem to have a problem with it I dont see why anyone on here should.

15. Rob.gti Forum Member

He he - you guys still make me laugh :lol:

For the record, I am the only one to reply to this thread who owns a new car and I aint bothered whether you guys like it or not. The point I was making is why place a thread titled as if from Max Power "A few more notches on the dash..." blatantly saying you beat these cars on a road that you know off by heart.

It has no bearing on the performance of cars what so ever. If both drivers had been on unfamilier roads then fair enough. But to say you won cause you knew the road is daft. It gives no credit to the MK1, just to the knowledge of the driver. Could have been in a shopping trolly for what its worth!

Like I said, the MK1 GTI isnt THAT good and I dont fool myself in to thinking any of the VW range is THAT good. I still like em though and have owned all the MK's of GTI
    Edited by: Rob.gti

16. Bat. Forum Member

Yeah well my dad could beat up your dad and you smell of poo [}:)]

17. Rob.gti Forum Member

As my Dad died 7 years ago, he might struggle to win that fight [8(]

18. Bat. Forum Member

Ah crap sorry mate.

/Mock childish remark withdrawn.

19. Rob.gti Forum Member

Don't sweat it mate. You werent to know. You havent offended me.

Lets get back on topic.... erm what was it again???
    Edited by: Rob.gti

20. jenmk216v New Member

Cos it was a just a story....... a bit of fun!!!!! bloody h*ll!!!!!! we all have the occasionally blip with other drivers otherwise why the f*ck have a fast car? might as well drive a micra of something. drew just said it he chased a few cars about and kept up with them cos he knew the road well. if the mk1 dont get any credit for that then well done drew for being a half decent driver then!!!!!!!!!!

and the mk1 is a shopping trolley!!!!!! mk2s rule!!!!!

xx

Jen