Corrado Race Car Project

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by vwgolfmk1, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

That's awesome , out of the box. Well done. What's the machine to beat in ITCC?
    Who mapped it, AP performance?

2. vwgolfmk1 Forum Member

Cheers Tristan,
    Mmm id say the Mk6 Golf Gti Cup Car, altho I held him off for a few laps in the 2nd race. I recon with the bigger tyres and bigger brakes it would be very close

Martin Treacy (Westward Precision) mapped it, he done all the engine work. So knew exactly what the engine was.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
  3. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

I really need to go up fir a look, rallying has gotten out of control since I took my car apart, dunno if I'll be able to afford to go back. How much to rave in ITCC?

4. vwgolfmk1 Forum Member

You should.
    Rallying is gone mental I think.
    310 for a qualifying session and 2 races, all 15mins each. testing is 100 for half day or 200 for full day.
    there is a registration fee for the championship but they would let you out for a rnd if you pay a small fee.
    what spec is your car? 2 classes, "Production" and "Touring"

5. vwgolfmk1 Forum Member

Last race week end of the season had mixed results.
    The car kept bogging down and nearly dying out and was acting funny in corners.
    After looking at the datalogging from the new dash I fitted (aim MXL Pista) we were able to see the fuel pressure was
    fluctuating and was worse in the right hand corners. Did some checking and discovered the fuel guage wasn't reading correctly
    and it was just low on fuel. Wasn't too happy with that discovery but it was better than having a fuel pump problem or something worse.
    Filled it up for the 2nd race.

Started on Pole due to the reverse grid but mad a unusually for me bad start but still managed to stay in 2nd after turn 2 and keep with the very fast starting
    Mazada RX7, unfortunatly I spun in turn 5 and lost a pile of places and ended up back in the middle of the lower production class.
    I got the head down and managed to get back up into 2nd butI couldn't close the gap to the rx7 (doing identical lap times) alto I managed to get fastest lap of the race.

Overall happy with the car on the 2 race weekends this year. Three 2nd place finishes out of 4 starts.

Plans over the winter are to moddify the front arches to take 230/610R17 Yokohama slicks (gonna stay with 16" on the rear for now)
    I'm also going to get rid of the standard fuel tank and make up a smaller alluminium tank with internal baffles etc as I have to run too much fuel in the standard tank to be sure ill get no fuel surge on the fast right handers.
    I'm also going to make a front splitter and air dam and see if it is of any benifit on our Irish track. (tight and twisty compared to alot of the UK tracks.
    Also toying with the idea of triangulating the rear beam. I intend to do some pre sesion testing to see how the new mods preform.

He is a video of the first two laps of my last race
    [video=youtube;rVOQ-9zs7z4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVOQ-9zs7z4[/video]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016