Mk2 20v - MOT'd & On the Road!

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Classy6, Feb 2, 2009.

1. benthejettaman Forum Member

you should bring it along to the next rubbadubz meet

2. foxyjay Forum Member

Great build mate. Really inspiring me to keep going with my own BAM installation.
    :thumbup:

3. Classy6 Forum Member

Any details - thought it had all died out rubbadubz [:s]

4. Classy6 Forum Member

Cheers foxy :thumbup:

Small update;

It's back into pieces again :rolleyes: - the inside anyway whilst I fit an alarm got a toad Ai606 for a nice price & it'll sort all the central locking out to.

Still having some surging issues so after a smoke test at Badger5 a few leaks were discovered. Whilst I was down there thought I'd buy a Badger5 V3 TIP. Got that fitted at the weekend & simplified the breathers + replaced some pipes at some ridiculous expense :angry: Power issues still seem to be there.. a lot of nothing then it's mental.

[​IMG]

The badger 5 v3

[​IMG]

Comparison to the old samco tip - now for sale if anyone's interested!

[​IMG]

The leaking gubbins of the breather system, with the simple replacement for it all in the background!

[​IMG]

80 for two pipes & a **ng seal!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fitted

[​IMG]

The toad alarm.. before fitment B)

5. benthejettaman Forum Member

the forum has been pulled, but we still hold our meets each month, @ The Anchor Inn , Main Road, Kempsey, Worcestershire, WR5 3NB

your welcome to come join us any time

https://www.facebook.com/rubbadubz.co.uk

so have you have you got any ideas then with your surging boosting problems?

6. Classy6 Forum Member

Ah I see. I'm a friend already on facebook, guess I just never noticed the meet details before. Are you running the facebook page?

I'm only down the road in st peters so hopefully I'll try make the next one. Do you have a build thread?

Once this alarms in & the cars back together going to have to start doing some logs, after reviewing one I'd done the other night .. I never seem to be achieving full boost - usually half of what's specified to actual, even at/near redline it's not fully there. Suspecting the n75 as boost leaks have been sorted, no vacuum leaks & breather hoses have been sorted to. Though, won't be replacing anything until I've stopped being lazy & diagnosed it properly :idea:

7. Gup16v Forum Member

Your build thread is awesome! very inspiring indeed!!

8. Classy6 Forum Member

Thanks dude :thumbup:

Have the toad alarm fitted now & a kill a switch so don't feel as paranoid leaving it anywhere now!

Sorted out my VSS fault code to, had the wire connected up in the wrong place :rolleyes: Can now do VCDS acceleration logs :lol: The MFA uses vacuum to calculate MPG on the mk2, funnily enough the reason I was getting such horrendus figures was because it had blown the pipe off the back of the cluster as soon as it came on boost :lol: It's now cable tied on & I've been getting around 30mpg on a normal run [:D]

Just purchased this:

[​IMG]

Suede Sparco 300mm wheel.

& I'm on the hunt for some bucket seats as well.

The car is all running good again now, too. Feels like an absolute weapon to drive after not driving it for 2 weeks. Missus is almost in tears when going out for a 'sprited' drive :lol:

Hoping sometime this month to have it mapped at Badger 5 after I've 100% confirmed all is good. + get the car detailed for a full paint restore get all the swirls out the paint to get it looking like new again. I just don't have the time/motivation to spend that long cleaning a car, apparently these guys can take anywhere from 2-6 days to detail a car :blink:

Been looking at companies like autodetox & detail my ride - localish to the midlands to carry out the work if anyone has any recommendations?

9. Classy6 Forum Member

Little update. Haven't really done much on it for a while due to the weather (cold)! & generally just enjoying driving it!

Got 1 seat fitted after having to modify all the subframes for it to suit & fit so I'm comfortable. Installed the harness & the wheel in also.

Started the headliner, it's pretty much almost finished just needs to be re-trimmed. Needed alot of fibreglassing as it was F*c*ed.

Also now have it booked in for a 3 day paint restoration with detail my ride, probably going to have the bonnet carbon wrapped to just for something a little different B)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Joe16v Forum Member

Steering wheel is nice man!

11. Classy6 Forum Member

Picked the car up from 18hours of detailing/machine polishing from the chaps @ Detail my Ride last weekend. Results are superb, pictures from my compact really don't do the car any justice, need a fancy dslr (If anyones offering to take pictures!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

Looks lovely :thumbup:

13. jmsheahan CGTI Graphics Designer

That looks absolutely stunning, top work :thumbup:

What's the suede wheel like to drive with? Looks right at home in there.

14. Classy6 Forum Member

Cheers Rich :thumbup:

Thanks dude.

Suede wheel is good, took a little getting used to the size but much prefered to the bus wheel that is the standard mk2 size :thumbup:

15. jmsheahan CGTI Graphics Designer

Nice cheers for the heads up. Quite tempted by a suede wheel but I'd be worried I'd trash it with oily hands or something lol

Anyhow keep the updates coming :thumbup:

16. Classy6 Forum Member

Received the high res photos of the car from Detail my ride the other night.

Really shows off the graft they put in over my compact pics! Still haven't driven it since I've had it back :lol:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Trev16v

Trev16v Paid Member Paid Member

Wow, awesome job. Wouldn't change anything about that now.

Good work on sorting the headlining out. I have a buggered headlining in one of my MK2s that has broken up and I had been thinking of restoring it that way using fibreglass.

18. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

That is amazing!
    How much does something like that cost? Mine is a little filthy at the moment!lol

19. Classy6 Forum Member

Cheers :thumbup: Still a few loose ends to tie up but minor issues really.

I buggered my headlining up, too. If you notice in the pictures I've actually fibre glassed the wrong side of the headlining! [:$] Basically meaning without taking some serious *Careful* time to sand back the fibre glass on that ever-so-brittle headlining material if I trimmed over it, it would have bumps in the material where it went over the fibre glass.
    School boy error really, I'd never used the fibre glass before & got a bit carried away with trying it out & seeing if it would work rather think about which side of the headlining to do! Needless to say, if it had been the right side, would have been a more than adequate repair.

I would definitely recommend having a go with it if yours has broken, (messy) but easy stuff to use, drys rock hard & it's cheap to buy.

300 for a paint correction service (2 stage IIRC). May seem excessive to some but I thought of it as a cheap alternative to a re-spray & ultimately I think that's how it turned out. The bodywork is now sealed also, so protected means cleaning it is minimal requiring just a decent wash when dirty & a wax every month or so.

Personally couldn't recommend the guys @ Detail my ride enough either, customer service is absolutely A1 & as you can see the results speak for themselves.

The only issue I do have is I'm so paranoid about using it now, afraid of the fact it'll never be that clean again lol

20. Classy6 Forum Member

New headliner purchased for a bargain 30! Big thanks to Simon on here :thumbup:

In the midst of re-trimming now, weather isn't helping.

[​IMG]

Put in a 330ohm resistor for the n80 charcoal purge valve so now fault code free! The EML light should be usable for coming on when an ACTUAL fault is present now. Need's to be finished soldering up & wrapped back into the loom.

[​IMG]

Also changed the solid T mount to a 1.3 rubber mount as the rattles/excessive vibrations were getting to me a little! The sunroof without a head liner fitted is especially creaky & irritating on long journeys. It's much better in fairness with the new bonded mount fitted, time will tell if it lasts the test of time. Had already sold the T mount to someone so helped with getting the job done!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:thumbup:

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013