Petrol prices set for record high

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by altern8, Apr 7, 2010.

1. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

^^ kiss it, was about incomings vs outgoings and you know it :p

2. Gaz37 The Grouch. Paid Member

Although I know this wasn't how you intended it, it did come across as rather condesending to those of us who do need to worry about a fiver.

3. Admin Guest

its not about worrying about a fiver, its about worrying about any money.

4. jonk710

jonk710 Forum Member

The old 1.8t did 320mls to a tank

The new (ish) 1.9 tdi does 640mls to a tank

Lovely....

5. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

sorry wasn't meant as condescending

6. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

Don't apologise, take pics of you doing cartwheels on the beach and then a couple of pics of you in sunglasses, sailing at less than 1mph, with a brown labrador looking wistfully into the distance.

7. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

**** cartwheels, I want a chinese pressup!

8. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

In an old wood-clad scout hut, plenty of formica please.

9. Andy947 Forum Addict

Bet the tank is twice the size. . . . ;)

10. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

IIRC, the labrador was looking anything but whistfully? as he was sat on his lap and we all questioned how 'close' him and his dog were? :lol::lol:

11. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

about time they scrapped "road fund license".. they get it all from the fuel anywa.

and as for all that utter *******s about taxing for environMENTAL reasons...please...what do you do with the money, wash the sky? of course not.

12. The db

The db Forum Junkie

We will be taxed on the air we breathe soon!

Bah its a load of balls. Were moaning now about 120p a litre (I think its actually 117p here in Leighton Buzzard) and in 6 months time we will be moaning about it being another 3p more and then in a year 6p more. We are just too accepting as a nation. If we were Americans we could of shot up the whole of Washington in a rage and had prices reduced back to 1p a litre....

We earn money and the government take tax cut from us. We spend money and they want to tax us on products we buy with money that has already been taxed (so its already a double tax!!). Bah.

Also - how long before people have to start calling in "sick" at work because they don't have enough money to afford the petrol to get to work. How much will that cost the economy?

I really want somebody to put the fuel issue to one of the political parties to hear the guff they come up with in justifying it.

13. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

don't forget that they charge us VAT on top of the fuel duty too....

tax on tax...after we get taxed for going to work. wanna keep the money in the bank? they'll tax that too.

the place stinks..

14. G-Man Forum Junkie

Don't forget you get taxed when you die too :lol:

15. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

[​IMG]

thats the breakdown of the cost of a litre of petrol.

57p a litre goes to duty for the govt. it makes me feel sick when i think about the extent our govt is ripping us off. theyre dipping into your pocket and taking 57p every time you put a litre in your car

that has to be the height of rip off britain. good thing i get reasonable mpg in my cars but i cant beleive nothing is being done about this

16. G-Man Forum Junkie

Yep; so a 50 litre fill up in say a mk4 golf is a tasty 28.50 payble to your finest gov.

Thanks to the prices i've had to go to dirty diesel :(

17. HongKongDonkey Forum Member

It's also due to the weak pound at the moment. There was a story on the news a couple of weeks ago saying that in 5 years time oil demand will make petrol too expensive for a lot of people. I switch to lpg 20 months ago and 40,000 miles later I reckon the car has paid for itself (it was cheaper than a conversion). First day filling it up though and I remember a couple in a huge landcruiser complaining that it was only 14p /litre when they converted and was now over 40p!

18. DGT

DGT Forum Member

half the problem is the a***holes speculating on the stock market. forcing the barrel price up.

theres too many lazy people who live within easily commutable distance, driving to work when they should be getting on their bikes, theyd rather pose and whinge about fuel costs than get off their fat arses!!

ill be putting an order in for a new 140bhp renault electric car for 2011 :) you may laugh but theyl be flying off the shelf

19. Claypole Forum Junkie

Wait until the VAT is put up to 20%. :lol::thumbup:

20. southside_styling Forum Member

i hate the goverment and i hate this country... were all here whining and moaning but unless the people speak out nothing will be done.... and thats the problem

people are too scared to speak out and unite anymore!!!!

thats why my T4 runs on veg oil, f u c k gorden brown and the rest of the robbing pricks

i hate the way they take a certian tax out of our wages thats a joke in itse;f... and then to tax us on everything even when we die to the money we are left.... this really ****es me off