Stoooopidest thing you ever did in a car?

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by lowrider, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Bundles Forum Junkie

Done the arm through the steering wheel many times in my works van, i keep my ciggies on the dash. hey I'm a slow learner, lol.

Hitting a local hump backed bridge at 80mph in my old scirroco GTI, even though i knew that 55 was hairy enough. car got caught by a crosswind and turned a bit in mid air, as the nose dropped i saw a tractor in the middle of the road, with one of them big fork things on the front. Looked at the gf and just said "oh 5hit" car landed, sower of sparks from the exhaust, took off towards the grass, managed to go round the tractor and tried to get it pointing streight again but the back end went the other way, spun about 3 times before coming to a halt in the middle of the road.

I turned to the gf and said "Do you wanna go again?"

9 years on and my left side still hurts from the hiding she gave me :lol:

I used to drive my rocco through the villaige sitting in the passngers seat reaching across with my leg and arm toget the throttle and wheel when i was 17 [:$]

Revered my transit off a concrete slope leading into a barn leaving no back wheels touching the road [:$]

2. David Number 2 Forum Member

3. g_singh Forum Member

the stupidist thing i done was to go to fast into a roundabout in damp misty conditions and have the car spin round and face the on coming traffic!!!

luckily they all missed me!! span the car back round and pottered home with a damaged ego!!!

never do that again-stupid!!!!!

4. Kozy Forum Member

And you wonder why you pay so much on insurance... :lol:

Are you still covered if no-one is driving the car?

5. David Number 2 Forum Member

6. Paxle Forum Member

There was that time I ducked away from a cop in a golf diesel(back mountain dirt roads at 60mph+ are insanly scary)

7. mothy Forum Member

i used to make the passenger steer so it was safe..

8. G6 TEE Forum Member

One of the times I had some sweetheart massaging the totem pole

9. Kozy Forum Member

Mmm auto fellatio.... top stuff...

I once shagged a fat bird in my car. That was pretty stupid..

Last edited: Aug 11, 2006
  10. G-Man Forum Junkie

Took a roundabout in a stock mk2 polo breadvan at 45mph :lol:

And a nice bit of lift-off oversteer in the mk2 on a busy roundabout [:$]

11. Steve B Forum Junkie

paxle i dont really think you need to avoid the cops, just get out of your car when they walk toward you, im sure they would be very polite hehehe

12. Nev93

Nev93 Forum Member

Tried drifitng my Mums Volvo (760) round a roundabout, just to see how easy it was... 20 seconds later i was sat facing the wrong way looking at Z3 driver who didnt look too happy with me... I was sat in the car wetting myself laughin after spinnging it twice..
    Little tip, you cant drift a 2.5 tonne Volvo with a steering wheel the same size as the moon.
    ..... well not on your first go anyway.....:clap:

13. shortstack Forum Member

wasn`t in a car but i tried to pull a wheelie on my mates motorbike from a standing start ......1`st gear , wound back and threw out the clutch ,
    Up and over straight onto my back , bike on top ......dont know wot was hurt more , my back , pride or my nuts [:-B]

14. Nugget Forum Member

Doing a whole load of donuts and handbrake turns in a 2.8i Capri on a grassy carpark in Longleat at night, turned the lights off to make it even more fun for everyone, stopped the car after a while for my mate to have a fag, when he finished it he flicked it out the window, to hear a tshhh noise, opened his door and realised we were a foot from the edge off the lake.:o

Drove home sheepishly.

15. e12_mat Forum Member

Rebuilding a mini engine when i was 16 i got the igniton timing 180 deg out. Had a mate

turning it over while i sprayed easy start in to the the carb sudden bang and no eyebrows

and a small flame coming out of my carb certainly read the haynes manual after that! [:$]

16. mincecfc2 Forum Member

Doing 125mph past a parked T5 Jam Sandwich in a 40mph zone (used to be a 660 zone in my defence) [:$]

Just kept the toe into it, they came after me with the blues on, I flew round a roundabout, into the nearest housing estate and fired the car up a random driveway for 10 mins until the owner came out and asked what the fook I was doing.

Got away with it thankfully. However, it taught me nothing :lol:

17. darrynK

darrynK Forum Addict

[:s][:s][:s][:s]

:lol:

18. Porsche911r101 New Member

thought it was a 4x4 and went offroading down some lane near cheesering on bodmin moor, was ok at the start, till i went down hill, came to a big hump, turned round and couldnt get back up the hill :lol:

19. Porsche911r101 New Member

once i drove to seaton near looe in cornwall, 90 degree bend on an tiny lane hedges on either side, flat out down there at 90, didnt see the corner, went thru the hedge str8 on, oops.

or theres the time driving to a cruise in wadebridge, a bit late, so i was caining the golf, went down out of bodmin, jumped the rail tracks, down the hill, turned the corner, in the rain, went over the humpback bridge and lost the rear end, ended up sliding sideways facing the sides of the bridge, which was a bit shocking to say the least, somehow managed to drift it round facing the normal way, and drove on.

woulda been mental on camera [:D]

in the winter driving round liskeard come round another 90 degree bend, at about 30, hit some kind of stone / ice, lost the back, caught it, lost it again, spun, hit a barrier / bank :

[​IMG]

20. Unknown Forum Junkie

Hitting a tractor because I couldnt be bothered to wipe the windows to see out. Driving with mates hanging on the roof at 80+. Out ran the coppers (back in the days when they had Metros) in a Mk1 scirocco.
    I was young then but I still have a bad habit of trying to drift any rear drive vehicle that I get my hands on, from 7.5 ton Ivecos to Volvos. My dads fault as he used to drift our Imp on wet roads when I was a nipper!