Stoooopidest thing you ever did in a car?

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by lowrider, Jun 29, 2005.

1. lowrider Forum Member

Probably shouldn't admit to this [:$] but driving my old mans MK2 Golf a year or so ago, i overtook an old Corsa, not noticing the Transit pulling out of the side road on the right. Everything went in slow-mo, and as i was soooo nearly back on the right side of the road the Transit JUST clipped my o/s/r corner, it didn't even make a bang. It spun me, and somehow (with my eyes shut!), managed a full 360, and i carried on down the road without even stopping! Must've looked amazing from the outside! My mrs (in the passenger seat, quiet for the first time in her life) looked over at me, and calm as you like i just went 'What?!':lol:

Even better, the only damage to the MK2 was a cracked plastic door moulding!:thumbup:

2. lowrider Forum Member

BTW, do i win a prize for 'Oldest Thread Revisited/Revived by the OP?' :lol:

3. johnmk3 Forum Member

day i past my test coming up to a crossroads in the rain (and dark) breaked, locked up and ran straight through it and ended up about 2 meters over the other side of the road. luckily it was about half 11 so no traffic

another one more recent. new suspension on my car the other day, tightened up all bolts etc to tourque settings drove home from my friends. next day strange rumbling sound started building while i was driving for work. i assumed it was a wheel bearing as we swapped the struts from his project car. carried on driving for that day, drove home to a horrible racket. next day checked everything over, DS driveshaft nut wasnt even hand tight. full of win that could of been

4. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

Yes...a sprinkles-topped poo. :thumbup:

[​IMG]

5. rocco2litre

rocco2litre Forum Junkie

dropping my fs1e yamaha at 15...too much front brake..wet road
    straight under blokes car, no insurance no license....back then the
    driver helped me up and we had a good laugh...my old man
    went ballistic..

6. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

`The Stupidest thing you`ve ever done in a car`...

That jolly-looking poo might be heading your way. :lol:

7. lowrider Forum Member

Awwww! Thanks! [:$] I feel welcomed back into the CGTI bosom now!!:lol:

8. m1keh Forum Member

Sounds like something ive done, although i was 16 with insurance and liscense and it did require a little tirp to hospital.

9. bens_cab Forum Junkie

hmm wont go into to much detail but had a old talbot sunbeam coming home with the mrs one night she decided she wanted a piece of me and proceeded to play when it came to the crunch moment i miss judged my speed at a small humpback bridge and ended up in the air the talbot ended up looking like bambi on ice proper fudged quite lucky i was still intact to be fair lol