Time Bomb Waiting to Happen!!

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by Guests, Oct 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finallygotmygti Forum Member

Hence my earlier post :)

We don't really know the full story here and I think someone from DD should come on here and defend the company.

Again I don't know the full story, but I believe Rich has had a series of issues since the conversion, not just the head gasket saga...

2. stew72 Forum Member

Its not a matter of wanting, I'd expect one which is fit for the job, they're the experts (or claim to be) so they should spec it.

I'm pretty sure that when bentley asked rtn to design a racing car they wern't then asked what connections they wanted on their fuel lines ;)

3. Guests Banned

and the same old faces chirping up with comments about issues which they know nothing about only hearsay and chinese whispers.

4. Admin Guest

no i don't think there is one post on here like that at all.

others have even put up their own experiences.
    Edited by: Jon P

5. Armour

Armour Forum Junkie

Have a word with yourself man [xx(]
    Are you so loyal to DD that can't even see what is wrong here! [:s]

Alan

6. Hairylee Slice Forum Member

seemed a good idea at the time huh? :lol:
    Edited by: Jon P

7. Guests Banned

still think it was a good idea after ALOT of people on here said they would never use jubilee clips on a fuel system........they have their choice i have mine.....all it boils down to is people wanting to have the last word and not accepting i do it my way and they do it theirs.
    Oh by the way....just looked at the pic again....i love the way the fuel return is just pushed onto the pipe...nice

8. Hairylee Slice Forum Member

tis a shame it wasnt left at that tbh........do you think DDubs would approve of this thread if or when they see it?!

9. Finallygotmygti Forum Member

Never ever commented in a DD thread before :thumbup:

I'm just concerned that a lot of their work appears (from a customer perspective) to be sub-standard. 'IF' I was to take my car there for a costly conversion I would EXPECT things to be done properly.

It's not about whether or not the clip is up to the job as we'll never really reach a definitive answer on this one, it's about DD failing time and time again to meet customer EXPECTATIONS. If you pay a lot of money for a conversion to be done, you expect it to be done right and done right, first time.

Maybe DD should consider reviewing this thread and their attitudes towards future conversions. Maybe then they might meet (or dare I say exceed) the expectations of their customers.

Perhaps then they might actually live up to their 'Engineered To Be The Best slogan' rather than leaving a perpetual stream of disappointed customers.

10. Guests Banned

THESE ARE MY VIEWS AND COMMENTS HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY IT???

11. Finallygotmygti Forum Member

And they were my views, expressed towards DD, NOT Slapbladder.

I just hope that they might pick up on this thread and take on board some of the comments mentioned.

12. Hairylee Slice Forum Member

yup, your view and comments that are contributing to a growing increase in concern in the quality of work from DDubs.....can you not see that?!

If this thread wasnt created or even started with a bit more tact then the company mentioned numerous times wouldnt be under fire in an 8 page thread with over 2000 views even if it wasnt your intention to get them involved ;)

13. G60. Forum Member

14. JEZ

Jez Forum Member

Where is the return just pushed on? Perhaps I'm looking at the wrong pipe, but it looks bolted up to me [:s]

15. Admin Guest

had to sort out that middle photo it was annoying me that it didn't work [:$] :lol: ;)

you're going to have to point out what you are talking about here as i can't see a pipe that isn't hard connected to the rail [:s]

16. Andy947 Forum Addict

How can you possibly doubt the comments of someone who believed that designadubs had installed an intercooler with over 100% efficiency on his engine :thumbup:

17. prof Forum Addict

[​IMG]

the bottom pipe in this one? looks pushed on but is a proper Aeroquip style jobbie with a heatshrink type cover on.

FFS i can't believe this is still going

A jubilee clip isn't the best thing to use on a plastic pipe, are we agreed? :lol:

Is it the end of the world......no

Edited by: prof

18. Rick 16v Mk2 Forum Member

[:|] think of the children prof, think of the children... :thumbd:

19. superden Forum Addict

20. prof Forum Addict

what? again? how did you kind out [:$]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.