Whats The Fastest Car You Kept Up With???

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by g60gerry, Feb 24, 2007.

1. ViCk Forum Member

Okay, so if the guy in the M3 put down his window and said 'thats a quick golf you got mate, what is it' and then giving the thumbs up afterwards, isnt that enough evidence to know 'he was trying' ?

Plus he saw me driving (normally and at the 'speed limit') behind him, and put his foot down urging me to chase him, which I did lol.

Don't see why your having babies over it tbh.

2. Seraph Banned

nobodies having babies are they?
    Dont see any evidence of it myself - i initally posted one post with reference to this, which nobody 'had' to respond to.
    As said, maybe time to respect the thread starter's topic.

3. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

"chase me chase me!"

i like that ;)

4. garfayliu Forum Member

Just had a go with an Audi S3 MTM, rather quick... kept up in the first 2 gears, but then he pulled away, grr... he gave the polite hazards and I flashed him back. Anyone know who it might be? german plates, Y plate, black, route leaving Cambridge onto the A14.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2007
  5. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

haha. thats always fun but you get the occassional looser that just wont give up and ends up doing stupid manouvers to try and get ahead (like diving down the hard shoulder at 100+) not my idea of fun.

one of the wierdest chases i had was an S55 merc down a b road i really knew well. was such a surprise to see a massive car been given stick, but once the road went straight he just nailed it off into the distance.

at the end of the run there was the usual wave etc... its what cars are for tbh

6. garfayliu Forum Member

hehe.. just found out some details about the S3 MTM I got to play with. Currently for sale I'm guessing from here only 14k.

345bhp 345lb/ft

[​IMG]

7. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

and you matched that in a mk3 16v?

8. garfayliu Forum Member

haha.. I wish. What did I say? Well I could keep up in town and pulling onto the dual carriage way, though doubt he was pushing it to it's limits. He then pulled away, only caught up when he let me take over.

9. S1MMA Forum Member

I once kept up with joeb's MK3 GL, although after he fitted his resistor chip and got a GTI cam he left me for ****.

10. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

You real beating that man with his GL turbo eh.

11. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

but was he trying though?

12. S1MMA Forum Member

nah, as I said - now he's got his resistor chip and GTI cam it's a no contest, he leaves me for dust. What a guy.

13. Bobby_T_16v Forum Member

I know how much they hate VW drivers, so when i moved from my Rover to a VW I posted loads and loads of pic of it and was expecting the same sort of abuse but they were very nice and were telling me how good it looks and how i chose a good one !

14. joeb Forum Member

for the record s1mma. the gl is standard engine wise now. so stop talking from your ****![|)] [|)] [|)]

15. S1MMA Forum Member

what are you talking about? Are you saying you didn't beat me? That GL Turbo is so fast that the Enzo following us had to chuck out his passenger seat so his power to weight matched the GL Turbo!

16. g60gerry Paid Member Paid Member

Man........this is getting funny :p [:D] :lol: :lol: :lol:

17. gorilly Forum Member

merc sprinter W-V-M

mate has a nice 205 gti (its an ex mi16turbo) 1.9 with a few mods, does most cars... makes me cack my pants though

Last edited: Mar 9, 2007
  18. Phil. Forum Junkie

I remember that Rover forum post. They kept comparing their Rover 25's (also knows as MGZR's...lol) to a Mk4 2.0 GTIisratherslow's....:lol:

"But that isn't a true GTI" I said.

19. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

yeah, i love rover 25s

NOOOOOOOOO! its a MGZRRRSTSRRRRRR

no, its a rover 25

20. CONRAD New Member

Hey Matt, who the hell is John Travola? Did he go for 't'?

All you guys is crazyyyy, I waz at d lights rite and theres dis dude in a motor with a lotta bottle I must admit.
    Anyways d lites goes green rite and he's a gonna, I mean you aint seen nothing like it rite, there waz rubber everywhere and he's nowhere to be seen.
    I floored it myself and I was going like d clappers within seconds myself, I mean like I was pushing red all d way man and I'z could still not catch him.
    Anyways minutes later I rounded this corner and there was glass everywhere and I thought oh my god whats happened and I had no time to think like I just had to put my feet down and stop as fast as I could, I thought I was gonna lose it, my heart was pumping you know what I mean, it was really going ten to a dozen and my face was burning too.
    Christ I really thought I was done for and you aint never seen anything move so fast in all your life.
    Then I saw the geezer and well I just had to ask him how he managed to go so fast but tell the truth I was a bit shy. Anyway I got talking to him and he said his name was ernie. He was a real nice bloke and congratulated me on my skill and said he'd never seen anyone come down that hill so fast behind him and that it was a miracle I hadn't crashed trying to avoid all of the bottles that had falling off Express dairies Float. Yep thats right, my Yellow Tonka Truck was still one piece though my face was very wind burnt but at least I got to race with the Fastest Milk Cart in the West (Country).[:D] :lol: :clap:

Nice one guys. Chill out. Conrad

Last edited: Mar 9, 2007