Whats The Fastest Car You Kept Up With???

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by g60gerry, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Seraph Banned

1. First, and most important, this isnt about this thread. Its about a general trend in attitude. Those not 'big-ing' themselves up, simply dont post it and dont feel a need to advertise it.

2. You're still missing the overall point! This isnt about a cars power - this is about the drivers intention - the one thing you'll know even less about than the car itself. It doesnt matter whether a mk1 can beat a m3 or not, its about whether that m3 driver ever even entered into a dual and wheres theres uncertainity, it renders bragging a bit pointless. Im not saying this(bragging) isnt permitted, after all, we all have freedom of speech on here, its just wasted net space in most peoples' opinions.

3. Why should i be threatened or shirty? Some might say its these driver's who are threatened by the fact their car might get beatin by another car!

Anyway, i think this is taking the(someone elses) thread off topic. Maybe start a new one if you feel strong enough about it.

2. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

in all seriousness, i dont think this thread was ever serious from the start lol

3. Aphex Forum Junkie

My mate works at a bimmer dealers and one of the blokes there has an e30 m3 (lovely looking and sounding car!) when I first got my valver (mk2 9a) he said that both of the cars felt very similar and he wasn't too sure which was faster. I'm putting this down to him not used to being in a dub and the raw feel of it but then again he drives the newer m3's most days so not too sure. Mk1 20vt all the way, big yo'self up :lol:

4. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

the most fun tho is when you do hear people making big claims (biging themselves up big time yo) like some guy i saw at a meet once, then going for a chase and showing them up a bit ;)

if you want the biggest e-penis though, get a clio cup and head for the twisties. they can even beat scooobies in the twists and produce such high g force that the drivers pass out

5. thegolfman Forum Member

HAHA, thats brilliant. Lucky Im sitting behind a keyboard... Mines ****ing massive!!! :lol:

6. Bobby_T_16v Forum Member

I kept up with a Bugatti Veyron, then I woke up !:lol:

7. Aphex Forum Junkie

Ah, bring back the days when the xr2 was known as the scooby [:^(]

8. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

hey, i used to be from southend, what do you drive? may have seen you about? (may have even raced you and hammered you to dust)

you do MSN?

9. Aphex Forum Junkie

Lmao, I've only recently got into my dub-hood properly, I was driving around in my big bumpered white mk 2 driver for a while and had my mk 2 in helios brown (or blue sometimes) since december. But yeah my e-mail thingy is Pollywantsapeanut@hotmail.com .. don't ask lol

10. L3 ONP Forum Member

the sliver mk1 with red leathers, belongs to Darren @ VW enterprises. puts out 305bhp 6speed box LSD

11. HoppyGTi

HoppyGTi Forum Member

Audi TT Quattro; dead chuffed as I was in the Polo G40!!!![:D]

12. ViCk Forum Member

Seraph, so you've never gone over the speed limit ? I know speeding on public roads isnt right, but given the right circumstances, anyone would put the foot down here and there, why else would you drive a GTI ???

I don't care what anyone says, I like to give my cars a bit of thrashing now and then, otherwise I'd just own a diesel like you.

13. ViCk Forum Member

Are you sure he was even trying ? :lol:

14. 13"rims Forum Member

I think that some of us sometimes forget that there are guys out there that own cars from different marques who share our views to performance modifications, rather than chavving the hell out of their cars! there's a lot of quick modified cars and I think everybody appreciates a sleeper, which is where anybody can get caught out!

15. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

meow

HTH :lol:

16. ViCk Forum Member

:lol: Don't get me wrong, no personal attack or whatever ! Just a bit of light banter and debate for the forum !

This is why were the most moodiest VAG forum online ! [:D]

17. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

really? i thought this place was super chilled. you should try posting on the EVO forum, now thats a viper pitt!

18. dubst16v Forum Member

i posted on the rover forum once that was...err interesting. i didnt even **** off rovers just mentioned i had a VW and bang they all went mad defending there rovers lol

19. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

happens all the time, out of all the one make forums, the rover ones have to be worst as they are so defensive lol

i think it was yesterday on the motors section of the OCUK board that there was a huge to-do about rovers [:D]

if they didnt suck theyd still be in business [:D]

20. Seraph Banned

your not reading all the posts are you - should try it sometime

it has nothing to do with the speed limit or public roads. Its about drivers thinking they know what another driver's doing or intending, when in fact, they dont. And as said, that makes any kind of boasting quite pointless

not sure why theres any sugestion that this is somehow 'personal' or 'defensive'?[:s] , i dont see any indication of that, only a valid point being made like on 1000s of other threads - e.g. theres no banter involved, or isnt suposed to be.

tbh, im not sure why this is being dragged out - that isnt really the point of this thread - maybe respecting the thread poster is appropriate...