Whats The Fastest Car You Kept Up With???

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by g60gerry, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Unknown Forum Junkie

I chased a Dino for miles, I finaly got the bugger on the approach to a roundabout, I was flat in top gear and went down the inside under braking.

Mind you he was stuck behind a JCB and I was on a mountain bike. His induction roar was nothing compared to mine though!

2. Daz... Forum Member

Bit of a traffic light grandprix on the way to work this morning...

Started at the end of a short dual carriageway and the Citroen C3 had me in 1st gear, I made a smooth change into 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, by the time I was slotting 5th gear home I was past the bugger and up to the 50mph limit [8D]

The transit van that was in front of me had already gone over the next roundabout and was somewhere on the M40 by the time I noticed he had left us both for dead.

...all this was whilst I was driving the girlfriends 1.1i 106 [:^:]

3. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

R5 gtt. for over a quarter mile*haha

i suspect he borked the start... ie launched in 2nd

4. paulshears New Member

a few years back when i had a "standard" Scirocco Scala Injection, i did 1/8 of a mile drag racing with flag start (bloke with a flag :)) @ Yorkshire motor show (Leconfield)

i beat a Calibra 2.0 8v & a mk3 XR3i.......ended up level with a Nova GSI as he beat me twice & i beat him twice

Almost had a 2.0 16v Nova on the same day, but each time he managed to get his nose ahead at the line :(

5. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

i hated the lights at pod, i didnt agree with those at all, plus i couldnt launch for toffee except on 1 or 2 runs. i prefers corners to drag racng

6. g60gerry Paid Member Paid Member

7. paulyb Forum Member

G60 gerry your threads are bl00dy hard to read......nice to see you have a sense of humour though:lol:

8. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

Seraph loves these threads.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2007
  9. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

I thought this was funny...

Its a well documented Cliosport fact that the twisty is as follows.

" twisty" Winding piece of B road or general corner. Used by the owners of Clio cups, to explain that the car they own or have on silly HP, is faster than anything else built by the hand of man.

" The gallardo pulled maybe a length or two on me up the straight, but I dropped a cog (changed down to the below gear) and ****ing hammered him through the twisties"

" I thought that exiges were suppose to handle well, i was behind one in the twisties the other day, and I stayed right with him"

" twisties" also appear on tracks, although most cup owners prefer to stay away from these so called " tracks" There has been very well documented cases of twisty bragging cup owners being made to look silly by owners of 1,2's.

The "twisty" speech is often used as a defence mechanism, when trying to avoid the often touted question of " couldn't you afford the one with leather seats?" and " isn't that the peasant spec cheap version they did"

Replies to this question often last in excess of 20 minutes, as they bang on about power to weight ratio, and how cadence braking is far more effective than Abs.

The minimal saving in weight and gain in performance is often lost, by cup owners filling the rear parcel shelf with 400 kg's of magnetic music generating equipment, But the power to weight is not effected and the car will still do its "book" 0-60 sprint in 6,5, although many cup owners believe this to be mere propaganda, spread by renaults marketing department. It is popular cliosport myth that a cup can and will infact, rotate the earth backwards around its axis, should it accelerate at full "chat" 0-60 is often "sub" 6 seconds

Other popular yet unconfirmed myths, say that the cup is also capable of beating a saturn five rocket into earths lower orbit, some conspiracy theorists have also questioned the 1969 moon landings, beliving again that a cover up was lead by renault, when infact the Astronaughts travelled into space using a stripped cup.

In order to achieve handling required to concur the "twisty" many cups are retro fitted, with a performance air filter and " zorst" giving on average a gain of 20-30 hp on standard, rolling road printouts have revealed in excess of 250 hp, with "just a panel filter" cup owners are marched at gun point and forced to purchase H+R coilovers, by the Cup gestapo. Improving cornering speed by a factor of 7000000000 percent, H+R'd cups have been known to remove the tarmac from the road surface, and kill their drivers with excessive G loading

Modern science has yet to find a car capable of beating a cup in the "twisties" scientists have recently pointed towards a possible method of bending the space/time continuem in order to master time travel, this is the only possible way that mankind, can possibly get from point A to B, in less time than a cup.

10. Dub20vt Forum Member

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha :lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nice one gary!

11. Seraph Banned

dont get me started, grrrr!!!.....................:lol:

12. g60gerry Paid Member Paid Member

sorry mate , i will tone it down.

13. TurbTech Forum Junkie

Ha ha!! That is exactly the mentality of 90% of clio cup owners :lol:

14. RobertE New Member

Someone who shall be nameless was charging down Park Lane (in the good old days) in an Aston Martin DB4 when he spotted a pale blue VW Polo being driven by one Stirling Moss (who lives near there) and decided to 'take him on'.

Not a chance.

It ain't the car...

15. TurbTech Forum Junkie

So a Citroen 2cv could out run a Veyron if it was being driven by Michael Schumacher?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2007
  16. RobertE New Member

Just so!

17. joeb Forum Member

i once kept with a 1.4sxi corsa in my mighty mk3 1.4cl. for about 5 seconds. how embarrasing so i dont bother no more[:$] [:$] [:$]

18. isachunt Forum Member

most of them,My other car is a bike..!

19. ripskin Forum Member

R5 gtt arnt that quick. If you look up the book spec its pretty pants. there only 1.3 turbo arnt they? standard. Ive blitzed 2 in my old 8v, not easy mind but i did it. Unless tuned ive found that they are pants.

20. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

i drive a mk3, they are quick when they about a tenth of your weight [:D]