now you see it....

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by coupechamp, Aug 17, 2010.

1. coupechamp Forum Member

going along the route of keeping it similar to what it was but stronger, there will be a couple of tweeks here and there, but 12:5:1 ish. The big difference will be the management and maybe a mod in the gearbox i've spotted that would help with getting it going. I was tempted to chuck these in myself!!!! but having read the paper work that came with the pistons...... i think i will do it right....it needs to last :clap: So going through the numbers of someone to build a short engine up.

2. coupechamp Forum Member

quick thoughts to this, engine back together and running, but before it up to temp the cat and the exhaust manifold are glowing,,,,,and i mean glowing, like i said after about 3 mins or so, not had a good look as to reasons yet, and as it's not going out this year i cant be a"*ed to spend much trime on at at the moment. Was thinkingh along the lines of fueling/ignition!! or maybe the cats blocked, even though it's venting at the back...ideas, apart from a chainsaw and grinder...[:^(]