Richgit being trailored home...

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by richgit, Nov 16, 2004.

1. Guests Banned

i still disagree. red line is red line you dont even need space to do that. hot engine is hot engine. track day doesnt come into it.

i have riden probably over 100 track days. every bike i have blown up has been off the track and freeriding which you could compare to motorway driving (what im saying is engines can blow at anytime they are driven hard)

car manufacturers take cars to track because it is illegal to go over 70mph on british roads. thats it.

if they could test cars on the road they would......since thats where they get driven.
    Edited by: RECARDO

2. krytie Forum Member

engines get used just as hard on road as on track.... brakes tho... that's a different story .. tracks kills brakes

3. Guests Banned

now that i will agree with :)

4. MK2Coup? New Member

The 'ring is in germany, the land of the deristricted Autobahn.....so why do they use the ring?
    Answer, because no matter how fast and hard you go on the autobahn, the ring is a bit more challenging and stressing on the car.
    Of course the cars get tested elsewhere (and for other reasons), but thats another subject entirely

You ask any of the well known users of this forum who run track cars the same question. I know what the answer will be.

5. Guests Banned

the only reason they use a track is so its un interrupted thats all. perfect corners, perfect scenery and facilities.....plus they can :)

what im saying is basically the stress on the engine at 7000rpm on the road is the same as 7000rpm on the track

6. Andy947 Forum Addict

Recardo, think about it

Constant rpms are about the lest stressed an engine could ever possibly be.

Its the constant acceleration and decelleration of the engine that causes the problems

150 miles at comnstant speed is pretty easy on the engine compared to 20 mins of racing up and down the rev range

7. Guests Banned

look i guess we drive differently to each other....but i know my car gets worked just as hard as it would on a track

its only tyre and brakes that get worked harder on a track

8. Andy947 Forum Addict

:lol: :lol:

You think i dont drive hard??

:lol: :lol:

This wee island is a race track mate.....

BUT even i expect the engine to get hotter on track than it would on the roads and be more heavily stressed

9. Guests Banned

so what about racing away off every set of traffic lights?

a race track is a bit of road.

i cant even believe im still having this arguement. on a journey in my car down to the coast i will pass 20 odd round abouts.....everyone coming into as fast as i can....going round and accelerating out as fast as the car will possibliy go.....on the straights im getting the car up to top speed. dumping down gears when coming up against other cars.....flooring it again.

ill be driving for about 30 mins like this......

now explain to me how being on a track is different?? [:s]

10. MK2Coup? New Member

Factor in engine load into that as well

The only way you are going to know for sure about you being able to drive your car the same way on track as on the road is to do just that.
    Then you will be able to see the extra stress that is put onto the suspension, gearbox etc as well as the engine

11. thebluebus Forum Junkie

:o

POLICE POLICE!!! :lol:

12. Guests Banned

i know you drive fast andy.....but down where i live we have roads where you can safely do 200mph if you wanted. so my car can be spanked to death and still be within the roads limit......just like a race track

13. Guests Banned

the same journey on my r1 will take half the time ;)

14. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

No way can a car be pushed as hard as motorhead pushed his on track on a road. Motorhead had a decent sized rad and his car was fine, better than fine actually even though he thought it was slow [:s] Nutter!!!!!
    Edited by: 1990

15. Guests Banned

i give up! :lol:

16. KidKoala Forum Member

TBH it was richgits first trackday too, so for the 2 sessions he was out I doubt he did push much harder than he has on the road...

End of the day, a warranty is a warranty, they should foot the bill.
    Edited by: KidKoala

17. MK2Coup? New Member

One of the most stressful things on a gearbox you can do, as well as the rest of the driveline

You said earlier you've been on trackdays? Tis a bit pointless on track right?

True, in the same way the 18th green at Wentworth is only a bit of grass.....

Maybe so, but during that time, you WILL have to slow down dramatically for other road users

18. Bronze MK1 Cab Forum Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

If I put mine on the track the 239mm solid disks would blow up on the first lap [xx(] :lol: :lol:

19. MK2Coup? New Member

Surely that depends on the terms of the warrenty as I said earlier?

Do DesignaDubs have it listed on their website?

20. Guests Banned

1) i know burnouts are stupid and pointless i dont do them.....im just saying you can on the road

2) not if you live near the countryside and you go out in the evening....a section of road near my house is like a race track.....you get bikers and cars oftern going there using it as a track