Richgit being trailored home...

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by richgit, Nov 16, 2004.

1. richgit Forum Junkie

[:^(]

2. StefanVW Forum Member

Believe me Rich...I understand what you're going through....but use it as a learning experince so something like this doesn't happen again.....and i don't mean blowing another headgasket.

3. pictonroad Forum Member

I've had this argument before and it is always with people who Dont do trackdays :lol:

I have driven about 50000 miles in the last 4 years and I always thrash it, BUT, never on the road have I managed to kill 4 tyres in one day, hit 120 oil temp in 20 minutes, go through a set of brake pads in a day and do 9mpg consistently.

Sorry Recardo mate but you dont know what you're saying, the two simply do not compare, yes, you can sit with the engine on the redline and blow it up at traffic lights if you want, but trackdays stress cars more than road use.

4. Bronze MK1 Cab Forum Member

Cheers for that mate, interesting mate ;)

I need new pads and disks sound, was thinging of getting 256mm disks and fast road pads :p

5. StefanVW Forum Member

I haven't done a track day either but i'd imagine there is more stress on the car.

Road driving can be stressful on cars too however they often get a chance to 'rest' as there is always other traffic on the road holding you up.

I can't really imagine anything more stressful on a car (or even a bike) than being pushed to its limits for 10 laps round a track.

I tend to ride my bike hard on the road...but i can't accelerate to its full potential out of every corner (debris, traffic and all sorts of other obstacles).... therefore it gets a chance to rest before i find another stretch of open road....not the case on a track.

this is just what i would expect...i haven't done a trackday.

6. Guests Banned

7. GRINGOG60 Forum Member

Recardo keep your nickers on and go and take some more pics of your car! :lol:

8. Guests Banned

ok look at it like this. some guy we will call him no1, could be at a track in his car and he isnt a very good driver....so he goes around a race track as fast as he can.....

now another guy called no2 is a much faster driver, he is on an open road heading to tesco's. he pushes his car to the limit all the way to get his afternoon tea.

now clearly guy no2 has worked his car much harder and potentially cause more harm to the engine.

this would mean that the engine damage can be done by the driver and not the actual surface the car is being driven on.......proving my point that its the way the car is driven not where it is driven.

i rest my case.

9. vrbanana Forum Junkie

Where do you think I practice for track days????? [:D] Wentworth Nr Rotherham on the way home from work late (2.00am) 120mph through the twisty bits :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

also use roundabouts for scrubbing in new tyres :lol: :lol:

10. vrbanana Forum Junkie

Rick post a pic of the rad and see if people thinks its sufficiently big enough. There were quite a few on Sunday that said it should have a VR rad, I dont even think the VR rad is sufficient for a 1.8t let alone a modded 1.8t, it struggled to keep the VRs cool on track days and it just sat at 110 on track days in the summer. I dont think theres any chance of that engine staying cool enough on a good thrash on the road let alone the track.

just my opinion for what it's worth

11. AndrewF Forum Addict

ok, on a track you'll be using maximum rpm for every gearchange for a period of about 30mins, with absolutely no rest. even driving like a psyco on road you will have to back off and sit behind a few cars.

i think designa dubs should repair on warrenty as a good will gesture. i know the car was on track and so could be classed as out of warranty, but this is a very highly tuned car and track day use should be expected from it. i doubt it was anything DD could have prevented, but as a good will gesture it would be a very good thing to do, and they'll surely get more customers once they hear that they're a very decent company. if they don't do it on warranty then its gonna reflect badly on them regardless.

the one question i have for richgit is...didn't you see the water temp sky rocketing, and the light flashing? if you did why didn't you park it?

12. Guests Banned

who would you rather give a warrenty to.....

your very own nan on a track day at brans

or

tumbthumped on a country lane?

13. vrbanana Forum Junkie

The light cant flash if the coolant level sensor isnt wired up can it [:s] [:s] [:s] [:s] [:s] :lol:

14. vrbanana Forum Junkie

Dont count as tub can break stuff even without starting the engine:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

15. krytie Forum Member

surely he had a water temp gauge and oil temp/pressure warning wired up on an engine like that??????? [:s]

16. richgit Forum Junkie

Motorhead: voila the rad.

[​IMG]

17. Rallye Forum Junkie

160bhp/l id want EGT and AR too. Anyway, lets wait and see what the damage is eh.

the joys modded motors eh

18. vrbanana Forum Junkie

A full pic of the coolant rad not the cooler rad you daft tw@t [:s] [:s] [:s] [:s] [:s] :lol:

19. richgit Forum Junkie

Hang on a sec, whats that behind the intercooler? ;)

I can clearly see where the rad starts and ends ;) :p

20. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

Go get your magnifing glass grandad ;) :lol: :lol: