Richgit being trailored home...

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by richgit, Nov 16, 2004.

1. Quiksilver

Quiksilver Paid Member Paid Member

Who are DD dont the Owners post on here? Sorry i'n not up to date.

Oh and everyone else.. read this post again NOT Once has Rich Blamed them.

2. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

Has anyone?

3. AMY

Amy Forum Member

Hope it gets sorted Rich, but like has been said before it could be a number of things that caused it [:^(]

I would love to take my corrado on the track, I have a G60 radiator, I have fitted twin fans, but as I am still running a ridiculously small IC and the 20vt runs really hot anyway i darent take it on track yet :( ..... also, I shall wait until I have the MK1 on the road first incase I bin it ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. prof Forum Addict

just a question, if i go and buy a new TT and take it on the track will VW cover it on their warranty.?

Also an engine is only as reliable as the driver, if you rag it from cold or shut it down when it is red hot that won't help it much

now i'm not having a go at Rich at all, it all seems such a shame that he only got a couple of goes round the track, hope it all gets fixed and it's back terrorising the streets soon.

5. Quiksilver

Quiksilver Paid Member Paid Member

Yeah first couple of pages people have said it should happen a they should repair it, they may not have in-directy blamed them put you see the meaning behind it.

6. Guests Banned

i still cant get my point across can i!!!!

im saying its down to the driver not where your driving......

why has no one answered my question??

who would you rather give a warenty to.....

you nan at brans hatch

or

tubs on a country lane?

by answering your nan, you are accepting that you can do just as much if not more on country lanes.....which is what point im trying to get across....so bite me :)

and i have told you i have done over a 100 track days on my bike i know what the difference between being on a track and not.....i have probably more 'track' expereince than most of you on here.....since i used to actually race and i dont know one of you on here that has done a race.

and dex....more than half the people on this board break the speed limit. there is just a time and a place....if im just risking my life whats the problem?? [:s]

7. ViCk Forum Member

Water Injection to aid cooling ?

8. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

It would have to be Tub, i could never trust a woman driver ;) :lol:

9. AndrewF Forum Addict

yep you do..me ;) :lol:

10. Guests Banned

lol

look i dont wanna get in to fights with people over an opinion that wont be changed by either side

:hug:

11. AMY

Amy Forum Member

[8(]

12. Golden Forum Junkie

Maybe someone who knows DD could answer a question for me, why were so many people ready to knock them?

I don't know the guys, so I don't know of their work one way or the other, just interested :)

Is there an ongoing "thing" here I'm unaware of?

13. AMY

Amy Forum Member

People on here seem to be quick to knock alot of people [xx(]

14. Admin Guest

quick to put blame on something,

i would say a few people don't like DD, though i don't know why? its not like they are a bunch of arse's like other well known VW tuners.

but we will have no blame here, the only person who can hold up his hand is rich.

15. G60 VV Forum Member

when thrashing your motor round a track it does get far more torture than on the road (sorry Ricardo) another thing you can do to help prevent what happend to Rich as well as what Phat has said about keeping cool air running through after, is to have your heaters on quite high to get rid of any heat that builds up, that's how i run when i've been on track just as a precation as sometimes your just too focused to notice if the temp is creaping up!

16. trendy tramp Forum Member

one thing that nobody has considered, although PhatVR6 has come close, is that of flow through the rad. You probably don't just need more radiator capacity, but you may also need more airflow through the core. With the huge IC in there as well you've got a pretty cramped engine bay and likelyt a huge zone of fairly static hot air directly behind the rad. if you can shift that air from the back of the rad more effectively you'll get a higher mass flow of air thorugh the core

anyhow, get it fixed soon Rich - I have to thrash you at Brunters next time ;) :lol:

tt

17. Admin Guest

bonnet vents? :lol:

18. Guests Banned

who chooses the size of things??

i was under the impression all this was worked out already and thats what you paid your 6k for...

for someone like me who is a little lost when it comes to car engines, and when i get a engine conversion i will be paying someone else to do it.....i would expect things like this to already have been choosen for me?? [:s]

19. trendy tramp Forum Member

read my above post - that rad is not necessarily too small. think about Rich's splitter at the front - air is accelerated under it to high velocity causing a drop in pressure. As the air passes from the splitter backwards there will be a very large increase in volume and a large pressure recovery leading to a (comparably) high pressure zone. if you've got a high pressure at the front of the rad/car due to the high volume of air passing into it and a high pressure behind (though not as high) then you will restrict the amount of air flow through the core. This balance of pressures across the core will determine flow rate.
    Look at the radiator on my car - no problems with overheating at all and I don't run a fan - but I made it very easy for air to flow through the core and back out again and I will be paying much more attention to that over Xmas ;)

tt

20. Guests Banned

how clever are you? [:s] :lol: