Starting my car

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by emery1990, Feb 20, 2011.

1. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

non unless you need more fuel!

2. mk2abf Forum Member

as rj said

the abf will be fine for tuned n/a power

3. emery1990 Forum Member

Ah thats good then.

4. emery1990 Forum Member

what does it mean if your engine doesn't start but it just makes a like wizzing sound. sounds as if the starter isnt gripping anything and just spinning making a sound I'd imagine it would make. Should I just get a new engine..

Starter motor isnt it.... Im letting it cool down, was cranking it for quite a while, my fuelling is f'ed on it. Took inj wires from 3+4 off whilst running and no change of tune, where as if 1 is taking off, it basically stalls. What could cause this as it isnt one bank, it's one wire from both banks :S Ive got spark, but it's like no fuel is getting into the cylinder, I have fuel coming out of the injectors!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
  5. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

It means a spark issue then. If you are removing fuel on those cylinders it means nothing was firing in the first place.

6. emery1990 Forum Member

I'm going to test the inj wires tomorrow to see if ms is giving the injectors a signal, but before that, im going to take the fuel rail off again and check to see if it's squirting fuel out of all injectors. If it does at cranking, it will once the engine 's running obviously wouldnt it? Checked for spark and get spark, could the spark be too weak on the two cylinders?